Unable to open file

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the screen shown below whenever I double click on a clip to view it. I understand that when I save my clips as mp4's then I can't view the clip until it is closed. Yet I probably have several hundred clips in the list and none will open. Can every clip just always be left in the open state? (I am recording from 4 cameras.)

If I try to export the clip it says to "Please select at least one BVR file.

Unable to open file.jpg

thanks

Jim

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I get the screen shown below whenever I double click on a clip to view it. I understand that when I save my clips as mp4's then I can't view the clip until it is closed. Yet I probably have several hundred clips in the list and none will open. Can every clip just always be left in the open state? (I am recording from 4 cameras.)

If I try to export the clip it says to "Please select at least one BVR file.

View attachment 12086

thanks

Jim
You need to install an mp4 codec on your pc. There is a link for the codec on the blue iris website.

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I installed the [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]K-Lite Codec Pack[FONT=&quot] which is what I think you were referring to. RI then restarted BI and still have same problem. Maybe BI just won't work with mp4's?

[/FONT]

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK I installed the K-Lite Codec Pack[FONT=&amp] which is what I think you were referring to. RI then restarted BI and still have same problem. Maybe BI just won't work with mp4's?

[/FONT]
Yes. Try restarting the pc. Blue iris certainly works with mp4, that is why the option is there. BVR is optimal though.