Unable to See Graphics in Blue Iris 4 CHM Help File

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am able to open the Blue Iris 4 help manual (BlueIris.chm), but I can't see the graphics. All the graphics are represented by an X. The text is all there, but sometimes the text refers to a picture which I can't see. For example, in Getting Started the text says, "When you start Blue Iris for the first time, here's what you'll see:". The only thing I see is an X where the picture should be.

I would appreciate any help on this.

I am running Windows 7. IE version 11. Blue Iris version 4.1.0.3 x64.

See screenshot below as an example:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. I contacted Ken at Blue Iris. He suggested a link to a thread on sevenforums:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343135-no-images-chm-help-files.html

The solution implied in the thread is to revert back to IE 8. I won't be going back to a less secure version of IE as a solution.

I did download a little program called CHM to PDF. It quickly converted the BlueIris.chm file to PDF complete with pictures. This isn't really what I would call a solution because it doesn't have context sensitive links from Blue Iris. But at least I have a copy with pictures for reference.

I would say Blue Iris could use a little better solution for help from within the program.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It must be a setting or glitch with your IE or IE settings....it works perfectly fine for me on all my blue iris systems..

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. I figured out the problem. I'm pretty sure I had deleted browsing history in IE 11 on more than one occasion with no success. I got to looking a little deeper at the browsing history settings and I noticed that the "Disk space to use" for Temporary Internet Files was set to 0. I'm not sure how that's possible because the range is suppose to be 8 to 1024MB with 50 to 250MB recommended. When I tried to enter 250MB, it forced an entry of 8MB. I tried deleting browsing history again and selected everything except Form Data and Passwords. When that was complete, I went back the "Disk space to use" for Temporary Internet Files setting and it let me select 250MB. After this, I was able to see the pictures in the BlueIris.chm help file. I also noticed that I am able to download and display pictures in my emails now.