Unable to set or retrieve PTZ camera presets

dtm

n3wb
Reaction score
I had an outdoor ICSEE Chinese PTZ camera that worked fine with Blue Iris-5. It was damaged by lightning so I bought a new one just like it thinking I would install it and keep going without a lot of hassle. Well it did install easily and works fine with one caveat. In Blue Iris it will no longer save or retrieve presets. The preset functions work with the ICSEE app and they also work with ONVIF Device Manager so apparently the camera is working. The old camera worked properly including the preset functions in Blue Iris. It uses ONVIF (OXML) for the PTZ protocol. The PTZ movement controls work, it just won't save or retrieve the presets however BI does report "the preset was saved successfully".

The only difference as far as I can tell is that the new camera has a later firmware version but since it is working with ONVIF Device Manager it must still be fairly ONVIF compatible. Perhaps whatever command Blue Iris sends for the preset functions is enough different from what ODM sends that the camera is not recognizing it?

Has anyone else run into this? Any solutions or ideas on how to fix it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Firmware differences can cause it.

Try the different PTZ protocol in the PTZ tab - even if it is a different brand name - try it and see if any of them work. It really is just trial and error.

For the presets set in the camera, after you set them, you need to rerun the Find/Inspect in Camera setup to retrieve them.

dtm

n3wb
Reaction score
Firmware differences can cause it.

Try the different PTZ protocol in the PTZ tab - even if it is a different brand name - try it and see if any of them work. It really is just trial and error.

For the presets set in the camera, after you set them, you need to rerun the Find/Inspect in Camera setup to retrieve them.
Thanks. The ONVIF (OXML) is the only protocol I got to work with the first camera or the new one. I am setting and retrieving them through the web ui.

dtm

n3wb
Reaction score
Follow up: I solved this issue and am posting the solution for the benefit of anyone setting up an ICSEE camera in Blue Iris.
---
Research indicated that ICSEE and Xmeye are basically the same camera. BI has a preset under the Video configuration for Xmeye. I tried it with my ICSEE camera and all is working. It sets the camera model to H.264 Port 34567 and the PTZ control to IPC, Cantonk.