Unable to set up IVS rules, please help.

TommyR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I used to set up IVS rules in IE but can't do it anymore. There is a glitch with the way the camera view is displayed on the page - it's shown twice with second one blocking the buttons. I tried everything to remove this second view to no avail.

2021-11-11_20-51-55.png

Tried in Chrome using NACL Web Plug-in - it doesn't have the same glitch as IE but in Chrome for some reason I'm unable to draw any lines.

Also tried using Smart PSS. Can see preview and draw lines but getting error message "Please complete drawing the rule!" despite the fact the rule is drawn with the message on the screen confirming "Draw completed!".

Completely disappointed that none of the options I tried worked.

1636625077254.png

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
"Double click" on that view window and see if it will put it back where it originated from.

TommyR

n3wb
Reaction score
"Double click" on that view window and see if it will put it back where it originated from.
Tried this but it just maximizes this detached view to the entire screen. My IE version is 20H2. I don't use it at all and happy to downgrade if possible.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tried this but it just maximizes this detached view to the entire screen. My IE version is 20H2. I don't use it at all and happy to downgrade if possible.
My IE version is the same.

The window that the full screen view originates from should be or is normally "white" and not black seen in your images. Odds where low that would work but wanted to verify you tried it.

I notice everything is bunched tight together in the image of Smart Pss, how is your scaling set for windows?

Right click anywhere on desktop, click on display properties scroll down as needed to Scale and layout, set it to 100% if set to an higher scale . If using multiple displays, click on the effected monitor up top of page. Should set all of them all to 100%, Close and then re open programs.

TommyR

n3wb
Reaction score
My IE version is the same.

The window that the full screen view originates from should be or is normally "white" and not black seen in your images. Odds where low that would work but wanted to verify you tried it.

I notice everything is bunched tight together in the image of Smart Pss, how is your scaling set for windows?

Right click anywhere on desktop, click on display properties scroll down as needed to Scale and layout, set it to 100% if set to an higher scale . If using multiple displays, click on the effected monitor up top of page. Should set all of them all to 100%, Close and then re open programs.
Hi! Thanks a lot for your help!
I tried changing scale in Windows yesterday. It was 175% I changed it to 100%. It looks much nicer in Smart PSS but I still get error message "Please complete drawing the rule!" even though yet again the message on the drawing saying "Draw completed!". :confused:

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks a lot for your help!
I tried changing scale in Windows yesterday. It was 175% I changed it to 100%. It looks much nicer in Smart PSS but I still get error message "Please complete drawing the rule!" even though yet again the message on the drawing saying "Draw completed!". :confused:

If you haven't I would suggest restarting your computer just to make sure that setting change takes. Should only have to close / reopen the program/s, restarting clears the cobwebs.

Also if running more than a single monitor make sure scaling is set to 100% for each of them too.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it kinda looks like a dual monitor setup and the program is displaying the live feed on top of the gui because the firmware was created before two monitors were a thing LOL.

TommyR

n3wb
Reaction score
If you haven't I would suggest restarting your computer just to make sure that setting change takes. Should only have to close / reopen the program/s, restarting clears the cobwebs.

Also if running more than a single monitor make sure scaling is set to 100% for each of them too.
Thanks a lot! Restarting the PC helped. I can now save rules. However have a different issue now - when watching live I see the rules work but for some reason I can't see marks in the Playback...
I have laptop without an external monitor.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to turn them on for playback. Icon bottom left to turn them on.

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks a lot! Restarting the PC helped. I can now save rules. However have a different issue now - when watching live I see the rules work but for some reason I can't see marks in the Playback...
I have laptop without an external monitor.
I suffer the same problem and was getting ready to ask the same question as I have not been able to work out why.

In Smart I have it set to record 24/7 MD and IVS, the memory card in the camera records MD and IVS only.

Playback via the card does show IVS rules on the playback timeline, both MD and IVS as it should be.

So in smart pss with it set to record IVS events, events clearly see triggered, it fails to mark them on the timeline.

Cam 3 internal memory card recordings
cam 3 smart card.PNG

Cam 3 smart pss recordings
cam 3 smart pss.PNG

Both images of the same 24 hour period. And it doesn't just happen for this camera.

Image showing that it is set to record IVS events,
IVS record plan.PNG

Same as you I see ivs rule/s actively triggered during smart pss playback.

Cam 1 seems to mark them as MD, the first few times I got it to mark IVS on the timeline but only when it was the only camera on the software. Even then it was hit and miss at best either nothing at all or marked as MD yellow instead of orange.

Cam 2 is same result as cam 3 example above.

So I know it can just can not figure out why it does not. And I don't know how many times I have removed and then reinstalled the software.

I'm starting to see and understand why most here use Blue Iris?!!