Unbricking DS-2CD2432F-IW help, no luck with 5.30 downgrader

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just trying to think of ways which might mitigate the issues you are now having.

You're probably going to have to wait for the 5.4.5 firmware update for grey imports that someone is working on.
Yes and I appreciate your suggestions I didn't mean to imply otherwise.
Who is working on the 5.4.5 firmware? I'd like to try and follow him/her or the thread.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just watch the forum, when a release is ready it will be released! a lot of testing goes into a custom firmware and no one wants a bricked camera.

The only thing that happens after a release is HIK will update again to start the cat and mouse game.

remember there is still no real reason to update your camera's even with the security issue, if your Camera's work LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Last edited:

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just watch the forum, when a release is ready it will be released! a lot of testing goes into a custom firmware and no one wants a bricked camera.

The only thing that happens after a release is HIK with update again to start the cat and mouse game.

remember there is still no real reason to update your camera's even with the security issue, if your Camera's work LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Yep although as a security executive I would say it depends on the security issue and if there are other ways to mitigate the risk.
Thanks for the feedback and your work here.
Mike

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mike as you should know the risk of cctv is very very low, that said we no longer stick to the correct term as IP cameras now fall into the new term OCTV if poor designed, a true system is by design a CLOSED CIRCUIT tv system not sharing any other network structure or silly vlans
to save on cabling, no outside access if used as a security system you are safe.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mike as you should know the risk of cctv is very very low, that said we no longer stick to the correct term as IP cameras now fall into the new term OCTV if poor designed, a true system is by design a CLOSED CIRCUIT tv system not sharing any other network structure or silly vlans
to save on cabling, no outside access if used as a security system you are safe.
No doubt and mine is probably more secure than many given what I do but as you know these open combo wifi/wired cubes are in peoples homes who may not be as technical as we are and therefore more at risk of a vulnerability. Anyway, while interesting for me this is way off topic. :) I really do appreciate your info.