Unclear text

thomas2013

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have some Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I and DS-2CD2142FWD-I cameras that I am satisfied with the clarity of viewing objects at a distance (like landscapes, cars, houses, in a room, people, etc.). However, if I try to aim it at an insurance card, the text are barely readable. I tried tweaking settings in CCD and Image but to no avail.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have some Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I and DS-2CD2142FWD-I cameras that I am satisfied with the clarity of viewing objects at a distance (like landscapes, cars, houses, in a room, people, etc.). However, if I try to aim it at an insurance card, the text are barely readable. I tried tweaking settings in CCD and Image but to no avail.
these cameras are not designed for close focus.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for quick reply. I was afraid of that. I have a NC328-XDZ with zoom and focus controls that I think will work. I will give that a try.
There are much better solutions for taking a photo of your insurance card.

thomas2013

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are much better solutions for taking a photo of your insurance card.
I need to verify the individual with his/her insurance card live. I was thinking of they walk up to the camera and present insurance card standing 1-2 feet back. What solutions do you have in mind for this?