Uniview Feature Highlight - Built-in PoE splitter that outputs DC 12V to mic

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Often users lament that fact that they have to bring power to a mic on a camera with audio in when the camera itself is using poe leaving the 12v input pigtail unused . Uniview has added a unique feature to one of its cameras (possibly some others but I have seen it on this model only) where the 12v input can be turned into an output via a settings change in the firmware.
IPC3234SR3-DVZ28—Zhejiang Uniview Technologies Co., Ltd.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I really like their stuff, I have been testing some of the bullets and I can say they are well build and rock solid. I think they will be giving Dahua and Hikvision some good competition in the near future.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
That's smart. We know the cameras down-convert the POE power to get the lower voltage that the camera itself uses. So why not put in some electronic switching to allow power to come out of the power pigtail when the camera is operating from POE, or alternately, just provide a separate pair of wires that brings the 12V out regardless of how the camera is powered.

That's a nice feature. Good for them. Maybe some other manufacturers will do the same.