Uniview Starlight technology

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Uniview IPC2222ER5-DUPF40-C
I would Guess that having the snow for the first time is helping matters here but this in darkness last night, I will say it was not dark dark but any other time the IR's would have kicked in. They never fired last night and the camera used it technology, not sure if its good or bad yet but at 10;30 at night under a cloudy sky its pretty cool effect. This is the first I noticed this effect. I have had NO time to mess with settings either so when i do I will report. More time and snow is coming for sure.

uni_ch3.jpg

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Snow helps considerably..
For sure it does, I can say I have had 4 other cameras mounted here and not one ever gave me this effect and clarity at night. Lets see, Gw Security,Dahua and Go Swift. I will say its a tough spot for night time without any light, The Dahua Cams do NOT like the Rubble driveway in IR mode at night, The GW security is a Great daytime cam but worthless at night , The GoSwift performed better than the dahua and gave a great daytime picture, I just wish the uniview would do this all the time..but as soon as the snow melts it will be back to the same old. All of the cams did pretty well with the coach lights on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For sure it does, I can say I have had 4 other cameras mounted here and not one ever gave me this effect and clarity at night. Lets see, Gw Security,Dahua and Go Swift. I will say its a tough spot for night time without any light, The Dahua Cams do NOT like the Rubble driveway in IR mode at night, The GW security is a Great daytime cam but worthless at night , The GoSwift performed better than the dahua and gave a great daytime picture, I just wish the uniview would do this all the time..but as soon as the snow melts it will be back to the same old. All of the cams did pretty well with the coach lights on.
The brand is not differentiator. It's the sensor. You would likely see the same result with a hik or dahua with the same sensor.

afhuss01

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ve employed that camera and get the same effect. Also their new 5mp cameras all have starlight, at least the ones I can get ahold of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk