Unreachable Dahua VTO

simocyz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! I asked the electrician wiring my new house to install a Dahua VTO2201F-P. Ethernet cable was crimped in reverse order by mistake (funny thing, VTO was powering on anyways) and didn’t show in my network of course. Cut the cable and crimped again the connector, now it shows on my net but I’m having issues reaching the web gui.
I see the default IP 192.168.1.108 online on my router, but I still can’t ping or browse it, even in the same vlan.
If I press the call button on the VTO, it plays the calling/call ended sounds.

Any advices on this?
Thank you!

Reaction score
I see the default IP 192.168.1.108 online on my router, but I still can’t ping or browse it, even in the same vlan.

Any advices on this?
Thank you!
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Given the cable was was not terminated correctly initially, I would first suggest double-checking the cable termination.
Were you able to use a cable tester after re-crimping? Note from this diagram that the camera can be powered
on because power wires are correct, but the data wires might not be correct
1676590342475.png

Second, please make sure that the 192.168.1.108 device is actually online and not your router showing a DHCP "lease"
or some other ghosted status - meaning that a device with that IP address was online recently, but no longer.
I have a Trendnet switch, for example, that shows "connected" devices, but many of them are not actually online,
but were given DHCP leases at some point, so they show up in the list of connected devices.

Lastly, in my experience, the calling/call ended sounds are hardwired functions of the VTO and do not indicate/confirm
that the VTO is connected or configured correctly. For example, I have an older an older non-POE VTO (DHI-VTO1210C-X)
and when powered on with NO ethernet cable attached it will announce, "Calling" and "The call has ended" when the call
button is pressed.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello! I asked the electrician wiring my new house to install a Dahua VTO2201F-P. Ethernet cable was crimped in reverse order by mistake (funny thing, VTO was powering on anyways) and didn’t show in my network of course. Cut the cable and crimped again the connector, now it shows on my net but I’m having issues reaching the web gui.

Any advices on this?
Thank you!
Did you confirm the other end is properly crimped.

simocyz

n3wb
Reaction score
I crimped the other end as 568B by myself (it’s inside my network rack and asked to leave all that side ends not crimped). Was not working, asked the electrician and he said “we crimp everything 568A”. So cut my end and crimped again as 568A, just to try before opening the VTO, still not working.
Opened the VTO, found it was crimped upside down, and crimped 568B by myself, and the other end too, that’s why I assume wiring should be ok (but I will try with a tester today).
Interesting that POE pinout is symmetrical, I assumed it wasn’t by looking at a different scheme found somewhere..!
The router is pretty responsive on the status, as I unplug the VTO goes immediately offline and viceversa, but I will double check for sure, and I’ll try a factory reset of the VTO too!

simocyz

n3wb
Reaction score
Good news: after testing the cable, and confirmed it was crimped correctly, I tried several times to factory reset the VTO. Pressing 5 times the tamper button did nothing (even if it plays the reset confirmation tone, in between the tamper alarm sound), I had success pressing for 10 seconds the factory reset button next to the microsd card slot, under the rubber seal.
Now GUI is reachable and I’m able to set it up :)
Thank you for your suggestions and that nice info on POE pinout :)

Reaction score
Good news: after testing the cable, and confirmed it was crimped correctly, I tried several times to factory reset the VTO. Pressing 5 times the tamper button did nothing (even if it plays the reset confirmation tone, in between the tamper alarm sound), I had success pressing for 10 seconds the factory reset button next to the microsd card slot, under the rubber seal.
Now GUI is reachable and I’m able to set it up :)
Thank you for your suggestions and that nice info on POE pinout :)
I am so glad you got it working! :clap:

Man, some of this stuff can be frustrating... :lmao: