Update 5.4.6.4 IVS Trigger Issues

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated my BI to 5.4.6.4 as it had listed this release as the most recent stable release and had added Deepstack BVR test/tuning options. After I upgraded, the cameras I had setup to trigger Deepstack analysis using Dahua's IVS weren't triggering.

To troubleshoot, I ran Deepstack analysis on the clips of me walking by the cameras. Deepstack correctly identified me as a person (and one image as a dog with quite a high certainty, but this was using night settings).
Next, I disabled Deepstack from the trigger and analysis and tried to trigger the alert just using IVS (like I had before I started using Deepstack). No trigger in my alerts.
After that, I pulled up my 5231 in IE tab and had my wife walk in front of the camera using live view and rules visible. Sure enough, IVS was firing like it should have.

Went back and downgraded BI back to 5.4.6.3 (luckily have kept the downloads), reenabled Deepstack off IVS triggers, and everything worked again.

Did anyone else have this issue in 5.4.6.4? It may have been fixed in 5.4.7.1, but I don't upgrade to the latest updates, usually just latest critical or highly-stable update. I'll reach out to the developer if anyone else had this issue, and although I feel like I have mostly ruled out user error, I have not completely ruled it out (may have missed a new setting).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, several of us have the same issue and have sent an email to developer, but it would make sense for you to as well so that we have more emails to him.

It doesn't work in 5.4.7.1 either.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, several of us have the same issue and have sent an email to developer, but it would make sense for you to as well so that we have more emails to him.

It doesn't work in 5.4.7.1 either.

Thanks @wittaj I didn't think to check there. Looks like you are having 2 different issues with that upgrade. I'll be sending my email shortly.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - one of them I figured out.

One of my cameras got switched to Motion Detection and IVS and I know that I did not select turn MD on in the camera. Must be one of those flukes where BI changed it?

Now waiting for motion to see if that camera works with ONVIF.

I went into my other camera to ensure that IVS was working and it was and SMD and MD were not selected.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK - one of them I figured out.

One of my cameras got switched to Motion Detection and IVS and I know that I did not select turn MD on in the camera. Must be one of those flukes where BI changed it?

Now waiting for motion to see if that camera works with ONVIF.

I went into my other camera to ensure that IVS was working and it was and SMD and MD were not selected.

I remember a while back when you could first utilize IVS to trigger BI, that BI would keep enabling the MD in the Dahuas and the only way to not have MD setting off the triggers constantly was to basically change the sensitivity to 0 and deselect all areas so that MD was never triggered.

I just checked my cams and MD was enabled in my 5231 as well. However, it was not enabled on my 5442T-ZE. Also sent the email to support.

So is IVS triggering for you now in BI 5.4.6.4? Or just inside the camera itself like mine was with that version?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I just stopped BI and restarted and MD was selected again :banghead:

What a weird instance and not consistent among all the cameras. Now I gotta check them all LOL.

IVS isn't triggering in 5.4.7.0 and apparently not since 5.4.6.4

I also noticed that even though I updated to 5.4.7.1 and it went thru the normal steps, it is still on 5.4.7.0 and I have tried several times to get it going and won't go.

I tried downloading it from the website and installing but it won't let me install that way either? Am I missing a step if you download the file?

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, I just stopped BI and restarted and MD was selected again :banghead:

What a weird instance and not consistent among all the cameras. Now I gotta check them all LOL.

IVS isn't triggering in 5.4.7.0 and apparently not since 5.4.6.4

I also noticed that even though I updated to 5.4.7.1 and it went thru the normal steps, it is still on 5.4.7.0 and I have tried several times to get it going and won't go.

I tried downloading it from the website and installing but it won't let me install that way either? Am I missing a step if you download the file?
I've only downloaded an update directly from the website once, and it worked exactly like running the exe from the update folder to downgrade worked. Just run the exe, BI service shuts down, BI updates, and the service restarts without any other interaction.

I saw in the other BI forum that people were having issues upgrading from 5.0.7.0 to 5.0.7.1, but those upgrades I think were stalling out completely.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried doing a Find/Inspect on the cams, when I’ve had external trigger issues like this doing this would sometimes fix the issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I even deleted the cameras and added them back and the IVS still isn't working.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I remember a while back when you could first utilize IVS to trigger BI, that BI would keep enabling the MD in the Dahuas and the only way to not have MD setting off the triggers constantly was to basically change the sensitivity to 0 and deselect all areas so that MD was never triggered.

I just checked my cams and MD was enabled in my 5231 as well. However, it was not enabled on my 5442T-ZE. Also sent the email to support.

So is IVS triggering for you now in BI 5.4.6.4? Or just inside the camera itself like mine was with that version?
OK, doing your trick on MD, now I can confirm that this camera is not triggering on IVS. Found out it works fine with MD as BI turns it on in the camera...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I found that when MD was enabled in the cam the event would be recorded as ONVIF whereas when using SMD/IVS it would be recorded as External, I use this to determine if MD in the cam has randomly been enabled.

Might also be worth checking what the ONVIF Source is set to, for my 5442-ase and 5231-ze it's set to 00000 and 00000

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, my ONVIF are set to zeros.

In the latest update my MD was labeled ONVIF. Since I turned off MD and did the trick suggested above, my two cameras I have been using for testing have had zero alerts despite the camera itself triggering IVS and confirming in live view and SD card playback.

Definite bug in the recent versions.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Y'all may want to roll back to 5.4.5.3 (two stable releases ago). I'm running that with no issues.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Y'all may want to roll back to 5.4.5.3 (two stable releases ago). I'm running that with no issues.
What issues were you having 5.4.6.3? I went from 5.4.5.3 to 5.4.6.3 and the ability to analyze the continuous video recording clip playback with Deepstack for missed alerts in 5.4.6.3, vs only being able to analyze still frames in 5.4.5.3 I found helpful. If there is a bug I haven't seen in my system yet on 5.4.6.3, I'd like to hear what you experienced so I can be on the lookout for it.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't. I'm just reading what others have posted. I'm still on 5.4.5.3.

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having the exact same issues as you both and also went through all the same debug steps:

Went back to 5.4.5.3 and all is fine

Thanks for posting this so I know it is not just me :)

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having the exact same issues as you both and also went through all the same debug steps:

Went back to 5.4.5.3 and all is fine

Thanks for posting this so I know it is not just me :)

No problem. This forum has been very helpful to me and I have found that most questions I have had already been asked and answered. I've been using 5.4.6.3 without issue. I tried to do a search for issues with this version, but have not seen any results. So, I'm still curious as to which issues are presented.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Received an email that 5.4.7.2 was released that should fix this issue. I'll check later, but figured I'd let everyone else know. 5.4.6.3 was also moved to the latest stable release.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.1 now that if finally loaded and .2 are working correctly with IVS. MD is still engaged on a few cameras though.

And I still cannot get the custom model to respond LOL.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
.1 now that if finally loaded and .2 are working correctly with IVS. MD is still engaged on a few cameras though.

And I still cannot get the custom model to respond LOL.
Good to hear about the .2 is working again with IVS. I'll try it tonight.

I haven't played around on the custom models for Deepstack at all, whether through AI tools or through BI integration. I'm actually really interested in the custom models as I do not see anyway to get some of the wildlife to trigger (specifically rattlesnakes, roadrunners, coyotes, bobcats, javelina, and mountain lions). Also had a peacock set off IVS once. That was fun, but I don't worry about a lot of the other animals I see on a regular basis. Based on geography, I think the only way I am going to get those animals is to train Deepstack, but that is more in depth than I have time for right now.

ExDark also looks like it would be helpful as well