Update 5.4.6.4 IVS Trigger Issues

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the dark model and logo could be of some real benefit.

The logo could be really helpful for those that live on a street like a dead-end where UPS or Amazon or FedEx passes your house first and delivers to you on the way out. You could set this up to get advanced notice that in a few minutes your package will arrive.

Someone created a license plate model as well but is trained for overseas, but with training to US plates, it could be really useful for those that have a camera zoomed in to be able to visibly read plates but do not want to spend for Plate Recognizer or OpenALPR.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the dark model and logo could be of some real benefit.

The logo could be really helpful for those that live on a street like a dead-end where UPS or Amazon or FedEx passes your house first and delivers to you on the way out. You could set this up to get advanced notice that in a few minutes your package will arrive.

Someone created a license plate model as well but is trained for overseas, but with training to US plates, it could be really useful for those that have a camera zoomed in to be able to visibly read plates but do not want to spend for Plate Recognizer or OpenALPR.
I live on a street/cul de sac that ends right into the side of a hill, with really no houses on the cul de sac itself (at least no wedge shaped properties you typically see). Only 10 houses total on the street, so the delivery drivers usually just drive the wrong way when I get a delivery. It might be interesting thought to have the logo trigger something through Home Assistant to say Amazon's Here as a notification rather than just a person alert. Something to think about as a I test new camera locations.

I did see the license plate model. Would be cool as I do intend on having an LPR at some point. I just need to make I run the cable for it when I am running cables for new camera locations. Hopefully, by the time I get around to using it, someone would have trained US plates already.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj Have you run the clips through "tuning"? I'm not getting any detections listed at all if I use a custom model but when I run the clips through "tuning" the ID boxes pop up. They usually show right at the beginning of the clip but well into the clip which has me thinking it's slow response for some reason and BI isn't seeing it. I emailed BI support about it this evening and will wait for an answer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@sebastiantombs - yes I am running it thru the tuning and will let it sit on a paused image forever LOL. It will box around and say truck, but no duplicates like others are showing. I can even pause it to the point that it AI's the driver of the UPS truck lol.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just experienced one pro of running Deepstack over IVS AI. My 5231 does not have AI, but using IVS triggers plus Deepstack, I received an alert on my phone and watch that my courtyard cam was alerted by a dog. Pulled up my email with the jpegs I have sent as the alert, and there was a dog in my courtyard. It was one of my neighbor's dog so, I ran down and caught it for them (I'd been around it before). Turns out, their kid had left the gate open and the dog ran out of the backyard when they let it out of the house.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded to 5.4.7.2 and IVS triggers, but Deepstack doesn't properly analyze. Ken responded back already this morning and thinks he has it figured out and should be fixed with 5.4.7.3.

@wittaj This problem I'm having may be related to the reason you are not getting any boxes on your custom models.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@thewolf56 - issue still persists - DeepStack isn't analyzing the live views....and the logo custom still isn't working.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@thewolf56 - issue still persists - DeepStack isn't analyzing the live views....and the logo custom still isn't working.
Thanks for the update

Dang. I'll update later when I have a chance and see if it works without custom models.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It appears to be lagging a lot too. Usually my system is responsive pulling up an alert video and it is dragging despite having the lowest CPU and RAM usage in a long time.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I upgraded to 5.4.7.x and tried to add IVS at one of my two locations of BI before seeing this thread. Obviously, no joy. I downgraded to 5.4.5.3, and still no joy. I can't get any ONVIF IVS or motion detection into BI. I have ONVIF enabled on the video, configure screen, and trigger and alerts tabs. It triggers in the camera when watching with IE. Camera is an IPC-T2431T-AS. What dumb thing did I miss this time?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to enable external for IVS to work
I have both ONVIF and external checked.

Weird thing is that my other BI install appears to have caught motion yesterday on one camera with an external trigger. When I checked, that Bi is 5.4.7.0....I am just confused! :idk:

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have both ONVIF and external checked.

Weird thing is that my other BI install appears to have caught motion yesterday on one camera with an external trigger. When I checked, that Bi is 5.4.7.0....I am just confused! :idk:
You can try disabling then enabling the camera

Reaction score
And the solution is??
My system stopped reporting/logging external alerts ( I use all empiretech cameras with IVS only) as of 5/26/21.

My BI is set to only auto update Critical and highly stable updates. 5.4.7.3 restored the alerting on my system.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I upgraded to 5.4.7.x and tried to add IVS at one of my two locations of BI before seeing this thread. Obviously, no joy. I downgraded to 5.4.5.3, and still no joy. I can't get any ONVIF IVS or motion detection into BI. I have ONVIF enabled on the video, configure screen, and trigger and alerts tabs. It triggers in the camera when watching with IE. Camera is an IPC-T2431T-AS. What dumb thing did I miss this time?
Under the tab where you put in the IP address and user/password, did you check the Pull Triggers box?

Needs to be checked here and under the motion tab for it to work.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to enable external for IVS to work
I had IVS working for a long time (one of my previous posts actually referred to a work regarding MD being implemented when BI first added the ability to be triggered by IVS), so simply checking those boxes would not allow IVS to trigger BI on versions 5.4.6.4, 5.4.7.1, or 5.1.7.2. It worked up until 5.4.6.3, and Ken emailed that it should be fixed on 5.4.7.3, but I have not had a chance to test it, yet.