Update to 4.2.7.0 Crashing

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like everytime I start BI, it is downloading 4.2.7.0 and after that crashes / stops itself..

Have to manually start BI everytime..

Anyone else having problems?

Tried download manual update from BI website but same issue...

Have disabled auto download and install for the moment.. seems stable.. still on 4.2.6.8

Last edited by a moderator:

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not going to update BI until you get yours fixed first. (you don't want to be the first to test new update software... wait til v4.2.7.3 or later)

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like everytime I start BI, it is downloading 4.2.7.0 and after that crashes / stops itself..

Have to manually start BI everytime..

Anyone else having problems?

Tried download manual update from BI website but same issue...

Have disabled auto download and install for the moment.. seems stable.. still on 4.2.6.8
No problem here with 4.2.7.0. Updated earlier today and no crashes or hiccups so far.

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This update has made BlueIris unusable for me. Every time I connect remotely it crashes. In event viewer it is an APPCRASH with event 1000 and code 0xc0000005.

How do i downgrade to 4.2.6.8?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This update has made BlueIris unusable for me. Every time I connect remotely it crashes. In event viewer it is an APPCRASH with event 1000 and code 0xc0000005.

How do i downgrade to 4.2.6.8?
1) Turn off auto update..there is no reason to have auto update turned on.
2) if you have the 4.2.6.8 update you can run it to rollback.

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do not have it. Do you know where I can locate it? It is not on the webpage. I have contacted support.

The google cached page that shows 4.2.6.8 from Dec19th still downloads version 4.2.6.7

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have it. Do you know where I can locate it? It is not on the webpage. I have contacted support.

The google cached page that shows 4.2.6.8 from Dec19th still downloads version 4.2.6.7
I am not near a pc where I have the update..hopefully someone else can upload to drop box...or you can simply revert back to the last update you downloaded, if you use the webpage to download updates(that is the best method so you have backup files to revert to).

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have turned off auto update and will download from the webpage and save each version in the future. Now I just need to track down the older version or resolve the crashing.

Hopefully support will help.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having no problems with 4.2.7.0. Wonder if it's a config, or a hardware/driver issue...

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Zorac. Going to install and see if that resolves the issue.

@atom... Do you connect to BI with an iPad? I have narrowed down the crashes to only when I connect via the iPad app. They started immediately after the upgrade.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

@atom... Do you connect to BI with an iPad? I have narrowed down the crashes to only when I connect via the iPad app. They started immediately after the upgrade.
No mcutugno I use the Android app. Will try with iPad later and reply here.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Just tried logging in with the iPad app, no crashes or other issues.

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. It only appears to happen when I have split view enabled on the iPad. After 1 or 2 connection attempts the list of cameras will not populate and I get an App Crash (event 1000) on the server.

I tried installing the full version @Zorac but even after completing the install it says version 4.2.7.0. Working with support now.