Updated blue iris and now I am getting non-stop recordings.

JshKlsn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I updated from 4.2.3.5 to 4.3.1.0 and I am getting recordings every couple seconds now.

I was getting a good chunk of false alarms on version
4.2.3.5 from the sun and clouds, but that was only 10 or so an hour. I am now getting 10 or more per minute on 4.3.1.0

I also seem to be getting motion detection from the hard-coded time within the camera. When the seconds change, it thinks something is moving outside, and it activates. This didn't happen on 4.2.3.5.

Anyone else finding that 4.3.1.0 is really terrible with motion detection? it seems EXTREMELY sensitive.

mcutugno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
+1 here. I would not say it is terrible but I have had a large uptick in false triggers. Had to reconfigure most cameras.

I updated from 4.2.3.5 to 4.3.1.0 and I am getting recordings every couple seconds now.

I was getting a good chunk of false alarms on version
4.2.3.5 from the sun and clouds, but that was only 10 or so an hour. I am now getting 10 or more per minute on 4.3.1.0

I also seem to be getting motion detection from the hard-coded time within the camera. When the seconds change, it thinks something is moving outside, and it activates. This didn't happen on 4.2.3.5.

Anyone else finding that 4.3.1.0 is really terrible with motion detection? it seems EXTREMELY sensitive.

leopor

n3wb
Reaction score
Also getting way more false alarms on 4.3.1.0. I upgraded from BI3 recently, and I don't understand the new motion trigger zones. Before it used to be 1 of 3 things. You either marked an area as a detection zone, hot spot zone, or non-detection zone. Now I have no idea what I'm doing. Everything before that used to be "clear" (detection zone) is now green(?) and the other areas are clear? This seems backwards to me now. Can someone please explain, or point me to a help file or something? I downloaded a BI4 manual which still references the old way I mentioned, and not this new way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also getting way more false alarms on 4.3.1.0. I upgraded from BI3 recently, and I don't understand the new motion trigger zones. Before it used to be 1 of 3 things. You either marked an area as a detection zone, hot spot zone, or non-detection zone. Now I have no idea what I'm doing. Everything before that used to be "clear" (detection zone) is now green(?) and the other areas are clear? This seems backwards to me now. Can someone please explain, or point me to a help file or something? I downloaded a BI4 manual which still references the old way I mentioned, and not this new way.
There is a help file in blue iris that explains everything.