Updating camera password in BI drops video stream

bullseye

n3wb
Reaction score
Changing my cameras passwords and loose the video stream when I update the passwords in Blue Iris:

1. Change a camera password via the camera's web interface. [Note: BI still streams the camera's video after the password change. Is this a security concern?]
2. Open BI and navigate to the camera's "Network IP camera configuration" page
3. Change the password to match camera's updated password, click OK to close this window, then click OK to close the Camera Setting window
4. The camera restarts and displays "No signal", "Error 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0"
5. If I change the password in BI back to the original password the feed resumes. But now the BI and camera passwords do not match.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm concerned that it will eventually break and the feeds will drop because the password don't match.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Changing my cameras passwords and loose the video stream when I update the passwords in Blue Iris:

1. Change a camera password via the camera's web interface. [Note: BI still streams the camera's video after the password change. Is this a security concern?]
2. Open BI and navigate to the camera's "Network IP camera configuration" page
3. Change the password to match camera's updated password, click OK to close this window, then click OK to close the Camera Setting window
4. The camera restarts and displays "No signal", "Error 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0"
5. If I change the password in BI back to the original password the feed resumes. But now the BI and camera passwords do not match.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm concerned that it will eventually break and the feeds will drop because the password don't match.
The camera likely has a distinct onvif user and password.

bullseye

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, that is it exactly! It only asked for one admin password on initial setup last year. After your reply I noticed the onvif user tab. All is well now.