Upgrade DS-7604NI-E1/4 NVR from 3.06 to 3.42

RCSinCO

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another question regarding upgrading my Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR. I am most certain this is not the Chinese model and is the Western Region model. The serial number is DS-7604NI-E1/4P0420150206AARR502969661WCVU. The current firmware is 3.06 build141128. I plan to go to 3.4.2 so I can get gmail to work once again. I understand that is the correct version to enable me to use gmail once again. I am assuming I use the firmware from the European Hikvision site. I found this file under 76xx NVRs NVR_EXXLCD_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.2_160129.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 16,392,773 bytes. So is this the correct file I would use as there wasn’t any release notes in the zip file, just the digicap file but from everything I read I believe it is the correct file. Also, is it okay to go from 3.0.6 directly to 3.4.2?

Second question is regarding my camera which again I’m sure is not the Chinese model. It is model number DS-2cd2232-I5 firmware 5.2.0 build 140721 and serial number DS-2CD2232-I520140822CCWR477316245. Again, if I understand correctly the WR refers to western region. If I upgrade the firmware on my NVR will there be any issues with this camera not working or will I need to upgrade my camera as well. If an upgrade to my camera is needed could you be so kind to give me the name of the firmware file.

Thanks again so much

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this file under 76xx NVRs NVR_EXXLCD_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.2_160129.zip - ZIP archive, unpacked size 16,392,773 bytes. So is this the correct file I would use as there wasn’t any release notes in the zip file, just the digicap file but from everything I read I believe it is the correct file. A
That is not the correct file for your 7604NI-E1/4P
The correct file is in the section here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL

RCSinCO

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again so much alastairstevenson. The latest version appears to be 3.4.91. Would you recommend going to that one or is there a good stable version that is recommended. Again, I just need it to resolve the g-mail alerts which appear to have been fixed in 3.4.3.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I recall (posts here will confirm it, was a big topic) for the 76xxNI-Ex NVRs it was the 3.4.80 firmware that fixed the gmail problem.

RCSinCO

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I read every single note on that topic, all 17 pages of them. Bottom line is I pulled 3.4.90 down as that is the latest and installed it. All went fine, said it completed successfully but now, like so many others, it gets stuck in a loop rebooting. No big deal as I don't have the time to deal with it so I just ordered a new one from Amazon that has a 2 year warranty, support and they guarantee the latest firmware. I'm heading out for vacation in a bit and then I am going on a 1200 mile long hike. I will fix the broken 7604 when I get back which will probably be close to fall.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! For the hike as well as the problem.
That sounds terrific, where will you nbe going? Or where not!
Will you be blogging it?

On the boot loop - if it's doing the dozen or so beeps, that may suggest non-CN firmware on a CN device.
NVR are easily fixable, once the reason for the problem is figured out.
Enjoy your vacation! And the epic trek.

Ang

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. I have been reading forums for awhile trying to change the language from Chinese to English.
A year a go I have updated my NVR 7604 which resulted in beeping and looping. Finally I got the NVR to accept the software. Now, the NVR boots up with Chinese language. I have used the Hiktool and changed the language to "1" once the value is changed from 2 to 1 the NVR will not except it.

I have attempted to TFTP using: (all lang = 1)
-ver: 3.0.5
-ver: 3.0.10
-ver: 3.0.8

But when it boots up I still get firmware 3.4.x Chinese.

I have been reading forums and they all say, just use a old firmware and change the language using the hiktool to "1". I did all the steps. but still doesn't work.
I have TFTP and says the Transmission is complete, but still Chinese language, still 3.4.x .

It has been 1 year and still haven't gotten anywhere. I have even purchased another NVR 7406 (English) and attempted to copy the config file the chinese NVR using the GUI (nope didn't work)