Upgrade nvr to V3.0.15 Build150709

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys since I have been having a few issues with the hikvision ds-7608 NI-SE/P, well I say a few it's a bit more than that.

Just noticed they have added a new firmware version for the recorder. Should I upgrade? has anybody upgraded? I'm really tempted to do it but the note section says contact your regional technical support before downloading haven't seen this before but don't want to mess it up.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any chance you can send your DS-7608NI-SE/P back? It's quite an old model and doesn't support the new cameras.

If you are having issues then you haven't really got anything to lose. Note down your current firmware just in case you need to flash it back.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which is the next best model? I have hikvision ds-2cd2032-I cameras x5

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-7608NI-E2/8P is the newer/better model. I can't believe people are still selling the other model, the price difference must be less than $10

Anyway, try updating it. Not sure that will fix the abnormal shutdown, but what have you got to lose?

Good luck contacting Amazon UK for regional technical support and Hikvision are nigh on useless anyway. But you've got us for that.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it messes up when trying to upgrade (touch wood) how would I revert the changes? Never done this before don't want to risk it before knowing all the facts.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it messes up when trying to upgrade (touch wood) how would I revert the changes? Never done this before don't want to risk it before knowing all the facts.
Don't worry we will help you cross that road if need be. Just make sure you have downloaded v3.0.15 firmware and have access to download your current version at a later date if needed (you probably won't).

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's a respawn option on these Hikvision products so it's all good.

E&M previously were selling both the NI and the old SE/P models for basically the same price. My guess is he probably had a lot of stock left, as do many other sellers.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's a respawn option on these Hikvision products so it's all good.

E&M previously were selling both the NI and the old SE/P models for basically the same price. My guess is he probably had a lot of stock left, as do many other sellers.
I really should write something to stop people from buying old stock or rubbish cameras.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. We should really have a sticky or something that has like all basic information.

When I started looking at the NVRs I had no idea what was what. Only if you asked E&M would they tell you the SE/P is the older model.

Most people wouldn't even have a clue what the differences are just by looking at the specs as most don't even know the difference between mbps and MB/s.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. We should really have a sticky or something that has like all basic information.

When I started looking at the NVRs I had no idea what was what. Only if you asked E&M would they tell you the SE/P is the older model.

Most people wouldn't even have a clue what the differences are just by looking at the specs as most don't even know the difference between mbps and MB/s.
I've been thinking about this for a while. I'm on the case MM, I've got a long flight this weekend, so gives me plenty of time to sort. :)

spagnum.dk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys since I have been having a few issues with the hikvision ds-7608 NI-SE/P, well I say a few it's a bit more than that.

Just noticed they have added a new firmware version for the recorder. Should I upgrade? has anybody upgraded? I'm really tempted to do it but the note section says contact your regional technical support before downloading haven't seen this before but don't want to mess it up.
Hi Samee

Did you upgarde the NVR with the firmware V3.0.1.15 Build150709?
And if you upgraded, did this firmware fix any issues?

I also have a NVR DS-7604Ni-Se/P with the Abnormal shutdown issue

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi no did not get a chance to upgrade. Since the documentation says contact technical support first, don't want to take the risk as I don't have a serial port if something goes wrong. Then again can just swap my nvr ds-7608ni-SE/p with the ds7608ni-e2/p.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi no did not get a chance to upgrade. Since the documentation says contact technical support first, don't want to take the risk as I don't have a serial port if something goes wrong. Then again can just swap my nvr ds-7608ni-SE/p with the ds7608ni-e2/p.
Go ahead with the upgrade to 3.0.15, nothing to worry. I have many devices upgraded so far with no issues. I even had one device (7604-ni/se) which suffered from abnormal shutdown, after upgrade works stable.

Release notes for this firmware:

1. New password strategy.
2. Fix some bugs.

Of course if you have a chance to swap it for E2 will be the best...

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just tried to update the firmware and it said update failed.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is your current version?
Reboot the NVR and try to upgrade using either the latest iVMS4200 version or Internet Explorer. Also make sure you use correct firmware version... ohhh, I just noticed build 150709 is not the right one.
Use the previous build 150528 from hikvision europe.
Sorry, I didn't read the thread carefully.
Build 150709 is intended for DM8107 platform, and it's not multi language. Actually I'm not sure if DS-7608NI-SE/P belongs to 8107 platform, maybe that's why you got that error.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry you confused me. The current firmware is 3.0.15 build 150528.

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I managed to upgrade the recorder and trying different this. When I was upgrading there was a power cut on the street. A bad time for it to happen. After the power returned I checked the firmware version and it seems to have been successful. I upgraded it again any way just in case it missed anything out while upgrading.

so far so good hasn't restarted yet. I noticed a something prior to upgrading, in the logs there was an IP that had access my nvr. Did not recognise the IP but changed the password anyway.

Ohly problem now now is I am unable to access the webpage from my iPad, but from the Windows it works fine.

spagnum.dk

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to upgrade the recorder and trying different this. When I was upgrading there was a power cut on the street. A bad time for it to happen. After the power returned I checked the firmware version and it seems to have been successful. I upgraded it again any way just in case it missed anything out while upgrading.

so far so good hasn't restarted yet. I noticed a something prior to upgrading, in the logs there was an IP that had access my nvr. Did not recognise the IP but changed the password anyway.

Ohly problem now now is I am unable to access the webpage from my iPad, but from the Windows it works fine.
Are the NVR still on V3.0.15 Build150709 and stable?

Do you see any Abnormal Shutdown?

Samee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes it is still doing the abnormal shutdowns. the update seems to have fixed the freezes when recording where it used to jump frames.

salonpas

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the abnormal shutdowns issue with my DS-7608NI-SE/P NVR as well. I have 2TB WD Purple in it. Look like abnormal shutdowns is NOT fixed with the new firmware 3.0.15 build150528 . I have a temporary way to fix this, just re-format HDD everytime abnormal shutdowns happened to fix the issue for few months then it still come back. This is not the good way because we will lost all the footage (more than 6 weeks in my 2TB HDD) but look like this the only way to stop abnormal shutdowns for few months.

Abnormal shutdowns make the CCTV system not reliable at all. This is a really serious problem with DS-7600NI-SE devices but don't know why Hikvision still not fix this issue after years??? I've been used and installed lots of 7600 series systems but really disappointed Hikvision about this issue.

PS: I have trouble to update firmware from 3.0.9 to 3.0.15 as well. The 7608NI-SE/P was bricked and I had to used TFTP to un-brick it. I used TFTP to update firmware for a bricked nvr but had to attempted more than 30 times to get it connect to 192.0.0.64 and transmit the firmware to NVR, all others times only stoped at "Device [192.0.0.64] test tftpserver" then no responded. Had to power off and on more than 30 times to get TFTP connect and transmit, WTH???