Upgrade nvr to V3.0.15 Build150709

spagnum.dk

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the abnormal shutdowns issue with my DS-7608NI-SE/P NVR as well. I have 2TB WD Purple in it. Look like abnormal shutdowns is NOT fixed with the new firmware 3.0.15 build150528 . I have a temporary way to fix this, just re-format HDD everytime abnormal shutdowns happened to fix the issue for few months then it still come back. This is not the good way because we will lost all the footage (more than 6 weeks in my 2TB HDD) but look like this the only way to stop abnormal shutdowns for few months.

Abnormal shutdowns make the CCTV system not reliable at all. This is a really serious problem with DS-7600NI-SE devices but don't know why Hikvision still not fix this issue after years??? I've been used and installed lots of 7600 series systems but really disappointed Hikvision about this issue.

PS: I have trouble to update firmware from 3.0.9 to 3.0.15 as well. The 7608NI-SE/P was bricked and I had to used TFTP to un-brick it. I used TFTP to update firmware for a bricked nvr but had to attempted more than 30 times to get it connect to 192.0.0.64 and transmit the firmware to NVR, all others times only stoped at "Device [192.0.0.64] test tftpserver" then no responded. Had to power off and on more than 30 times to get TFTP connect and transmit, WTH???
I have the same problem with my DS-7604NI-SE/P, but I have to format my 2TB WD Purble HD after approx 30 days.

So if I buy the new model DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A do you think this will solve my problem, is this a better NVR.

I'm desperate to get a stable system

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you... I am in the US so okay using the multi language version? And looks like 3 versions of v3.0.15 , imagine oldest is most stable?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You shouldn't be updating your NVR unless there is a problem it fixes. You need to do more research on here.

Oldest (I guess you mean newest) doesn't mean it's the most stable.

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Understood... have lots of bugs as far as unit not playing back etc. I just tried to update to 3.0.15 and received a firmware mismatch error?

Attachments

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You've got the wrong firmware then. Why are you in such a rush to brick your NVR? Do some research and reading before doing a firmware update

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've updated firmware several times, usually without trouble... Just edited post above to show unit specs.

Am I missing something in regard to bricking the unit by taking manufacturer update?

Thank you,

spagnum.dk

n3wb
Reaction score
I've updated firmware several times, usually without trouble... Just edited post above to show unit specs.

Am I missing something in regard to bricking the unit by taking manufacturer update?

Thank you,
I'm running Firmware version: V3.0.15 build 151230 on my DS-7604NI-SE/P.

This version is the most stable om my NVR, I had a lot of problems: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7830-New-Firmware-for-DS-7600NI-SE-7600NI-V(VP)/page2

But all gone after this firmware.

To upgrade, you might need to do this is steps, going from 2.3.x to 3.0.15 might not work, try to upgrade to a lower version first.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm running Firmware version: V3.0.15 build 151230 on my DS-7604NI-SE/P.

This version is the most stable om my NVR, I had a lot of problems: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7830-New-Firmware-for-DS-7600NI-SE-7600NI-V(VP)/page2

But all gone after this firmware.

To upgrade, you might need to do this is steps, going from 2.3.x to 3.0.15 might not work, try to upgrade to a lower version first.
Good info on stability spagnum.dk I posted that in post #23. I know it's confusing when people post the same question in a lot of different threads.

On a separate note, it does appear that 3.0.15 will be the last firmware for this NVR.

cenfl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thank you spagnum....

I am still not clear on whether I can use European firmware version on my unit which currently runs US version. Happen to know if our units are different somehow before I try to upload European
firmware?