Upgrade suggestion for my network

EganMontana

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using this webcam configuration below for several years now. There are four camera shown at the bottom of this diagram. It took me some time to get the "Shop cam" working reliably but this network is basically "ok" at this point. I am somewhere between a beginner and intermediate as far as skill level in dealing with this. The Shop cam is wireless because I did not want to dig up my driveway and parking lot to lay cables.

I am now looking at doing the next "small" upgrade. This configuration uses a lot of CPU and RAM resources on the HPE Desktop PC (Duane-PC, this is my primary Home computer) that contains the Blue Iris Application. I monitor these resources using the Task Manager on the PC. I have considered moving the Blue Iris over to the "Duane-PC" (upper right in the diagram) to relax the resources on my primary PC (Duane-HPE) on the left side of the diagram. Or, maybe a VLAN is the route. I have noticed many expert advise getting the cams off of the Router. Anyway, I am seeking advice from the forum experts.

I would appreciate any suggestion, two or three at the most, on how to modify this configuration to reduce the resource impact on the Blue Iris computer. Here are some constraints I am concerned about:
1. Using the "Duane-PC" means dedicating another PC to the Blue Iris effort, not desirable, I don't want a lot of hardware sitting around.
2. I do not want to spend lots of money on new hardware, maybe a $200 +\- for a new NIC, etc.
3. I don't want to spend another 5-years making it work.
4. Both the PC computers are Windows 10 systems and I plan to upgrade to modern PC's this winter, i.e., Windows 11, Solid State drive, 16 GB Ram, etc1638312151895.png.

Thanks for any comments or suggestion.

Duane (EganMontana)