upgrade worth it?

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi currently have x2 DS-2CD2032F-I For my security the night views can be a little poor at times just wondering if any one can tell me if there is any better cameras for around £50 each that would be worth upgrading to as its been a while since I bought these cameras has tech moved on much?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi currently have x2 DS-2CD2032F-I For my security the night views can be a little poor at times just wondering if any one can tell me if there is any better cameras for around £50 each that would be worth upgrading to as its been a while since I bought these cameras has tech moved on much?
Hi @ANTH040

In the USA we may often see some good deals / sales which may hit that price point and represent a good upgrade, however in general I suspect at the price point you are looking at you'll probably want to hold off a bit longer to upgrade to a better set of cameras imho.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @ANTH040

In the USA we may often see some good deals / sales which may hit that price point and represent a good upgrade, however in general I suspect at the price point you are looking at you'll probably want to hold off a bit longer to upgrade to a better set of cameras imho.
Any idea on a good upgrade and price point from my current cameras?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2032F-I has a 3MP 1/3" sensor. IMO, if you're looking for a lot better low-light image quality, look for models that use the bigger 2MP 1/2.8" image sensor that was designed for low light. In the US, those typically start in the low $100s.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea on a good upgrade and price point from my current cameras?
HI @ANTH040

In the USA there's a few deals due to the July 4th holiday sales.

As aristobrat notes, the better cameras members like are typically $100+ USD from various sources ( like Andy on the forum for Dahua OEM starlight cameras )

If you can afford that, I would recommend looking at various reviews by members here on those models.