Upgrading Firmware of DS-2CD2732F-IS

cavester

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I procured some cameras off Aliexpress (Chinese language) a few years back, undertook the language hack and all has been well in English. I now need to upgrade the firmware as currently they are running V5.1.6 build 140412.

I have read various posts on upgrading/downgrading firmware yet none that I find straight forward to understand before I commit to potentially bricking my cams!

Can someone possibly point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read various posts on upgrading/downgrading firmware yet none that I find straight forward to understand before I commit to potentially bricking my cams!
There is a pretty good chance that applying firmware 5.3.0 and higher will brick the camera - depending on the detail of the content of mtdblock6, beyond the 'language byte' and checksum changes of the classic 'mtd hack'.
The 'enhanced mtd hack' is very likely to be OK though in terms of providing the ability to fully update - check it out in the attachments here : Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.
Worth checking before you proceed is a detail in mtdblock1 - if there is a value=0 in bytes 0x0C and 0x8000C then change it to value=2
After that, you should be good to go!