Upgrading from a CFI CCTV System

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am helping a buddy upgrade from a CFI resolution (352 x 240) system, we are looking for cheaper cameras under $100 as we will be also going from a 5 camera system to 10 cameras, 4 will be indoor cameras 6 will be outdoor.

We were looking at the s3vc cameras, I know they aren't the recommended camera but we figured going from a 240p resolution to a 1080p resolution it would be a huge improvement over the current system. We don't want to really deal with buying from China.

We will be using BlueIris as our NVR with a i5 processor.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am helping a buddy upgrade from a CFI resolution (352 x 240) system, we are looking for cheaper cameras under $100 as we will be also going from a 5 camera system to 10 cameras, 4 will be indoor cameras 6 will be outdoor.

We were looking at the s3vc cameras, I know they aren't the recommended camera but we figured going from a 240p resolution to a 1080p resolution it would be a huge improvement over the current system. We don't want to really deal with buying from China.

We will be using BlueIris as our NVR with a i5 processor.
s3vc is crap. There is nothing to "deal" with buying from china. Its the same as buying from the US. An i5 is a meaningless term..there are many i5 processors.
Do your friend a favor and pickup some dahua starlight turrets for about 100.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score