Upgrading my Current System and Looking for Suggestions

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1683838207105.png
The above is a rough sketch of my house and surroundings. I currently have 5 X 2MP Laview, Hikvision cameras and a NVR, I already bought a separate pc, will set up Blue IRIS and get a few more 4 MP cameras.

No street lamps on my street, so good night vision is needed. I'm also having hard time in deciding between 2.8mm and 3.6mm lens.

I have the following in mind, pls let me know if they are decent choices, welcome any suggestions:

CAM A 1 Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 dual lens (2.8 or 3.6mm?)
CAM B T5442T-ZE
CAM C T5442T-ZE
CAM D Plan to reuse the old 2MP cameras
CAM E 2.8mm Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret or T5442T-ZE
CAM F Plan to reuse the old 2MP cameras
CAM G Plan to reuse the old 2MP cameras

Thanks for your time and help.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 162654
The above is a rough sketch of my house and surroundings. I currently have 5 X 2MP Laview, Hikvision cameras and a NVR, I already bought a separate pc, will set up Blue IRIS and get a few more 4 MP cameras.

No street lamps on my street, so good night vision is needed.

I have the following in mind, pls let me know if they are decent choices, welcome any suggestions:

CAM A 1 Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 dual lens (2.8 or 3.6mm?)
CAM B T5442T-ZE
CAM C T5442T-ZE
CAM D Plan to reuse the old 2MP cameras
CAM E 2.8mm Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret or T5442T-ZE
CAM F Plan to reuse the old 2MP cameras
CAM G Plan to reuse the old 2MP cameras

Thanks for your time and help.
Hi @onyxlinkia

I would plan more cameras to cover the front of the house ..

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @onyxlinkia

I would plan more cameras to cover the front of the house ..
Hi mat200.

The dual lens is like two cameras, right? It should cover the front side facing the street. Just to clarify, I live in a cul de sac, not a main street. Also, there's another camera by the front door (CAM E) and another CAM C facing the street.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mat200.

The dual lens is like two cameras, right? It should cover the front side facing the street. Just to clarify, I live in a cul de sac, not a main street. Also, there's another camera by the front door (CAM E) and another CAM C facing the street.
Dual Lens cameras are options worth considering now, as there are some good ones out.

In general, until recently Dual Lens cameras had smaller sensors and were rather pricey compared to 2 separate cameras.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi mat200.

If you are referring to the 180 cameras, they do not have/see IR and need real, ambient light to work.

msecure

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are referring to the 180 cameras, they do not have/see IR and need real, ambient light to work.
Which brand/model are you referring to with no IR? I am quite sure my anjvision wide view have IR but so far happy with the results in color so did not test out the IR yet.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
note:

There are some models which have IR Leds .. so depends on the model.

example from a spec sheet on one model I looked at:
"White light up to 20 m, IR light up to 30m "

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
note:

Yes, sorry. I was speaking more for the typical suggestions here. I sometimes forget that anything else exists.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Which brand/model are you referring to with no IR? I am quite sure my anjvision wide view have IR but so far happy with the results in color so did not test out the IR yet.
note:

Looking back at the original post, he called out the DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 as his candidate. So I was speaking properly for his proposed camera.