Upgrading - What is compatable with QC824 NVR

Zeebrock

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Q-See system, 4x QCN8012B cams and a QC824 NVR. I'd like to add a better night vision turret type camera like the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z.

However, I don't know if it will be compatible with my NVR, can anyone confirm it will work or better yet recommend a good camera that will work. I do not want to replace the NVR at this time, it's working great for my needs.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I believe that Dahua made the QCN8012B cameras which came with QC824 NVR. (In fact, I think that Q-See generally sells (or used to sell) Dahua cameras badged with the Q-See name. The camera firmware may be somewhat customized for Q-See.)

Thus I suspect that you'd have a decent chance with Dahua cameras.

The QC824 system claims to be ONVIF compatible, but that doesn't really narrow things down much. The ONVIF spec has so many loopholes and options that claiming compatibility is like saying that they're "compatible with electricity". I have a QC824 and spent a couple of afternoons trying to get it to work with other ONVIF cameras. Didn't make much progress. I didn't have good network snooping gear at the time, so I couldn't look at what was happening on the wire, though.

Reaction score
The QC824 User Manual (v2.6 11/7/13) says "As of this writing, this NVR supports IP cameras made by: Dahua, Arecont Vision, Axis, Canon, Dynacolor, Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony and Onvif."

For what that's worth.