Upload snapshot to two FTP sites at once?

dtm

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently purchased Blue Iris after running the gambit of other products and found it to be the best performer. I am running 4 cameras and have been able to configure everything to my liking but I would like to do something with it that I have not figured out how to do. I would like to FTP snapshots from one camera to two FTP sites. I run my own weather site and currently upload snapshots to that site from all four cameras. One of my cameras also serves the dual purpose of serving as my Weather Underground webcam. I would like to not only have it upload to my site but also upload to WU. It does not appear that I can specify more than one FTP site per camera.
-
I have found a workaround by FTPing the snapshot to my server and also saving it to a file. Then I use another app to upload that file to WU. Another idea I had was to set up the same camera twice and then set each individual instance to FTP to a different place. I rejected idea #2 because I think it would be an added load on my system that I really don't need. It might work but would be a kludge for sure.
-
It sure would be nice to just have BI upload the snapshot to both FTP servers without having to run a third party application. Is there any way to do this?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Clone the camera, and do as you had planned, then hide the second instance. This will cause very minimal additional load.

Reactions: dtm

dtm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
I did as you instructed and it does the trick with only a little more load on the computer.
---
If the authors are reading this though I would like to suggest a feature for the next version and that would be the ability to FTP to more than one destination per camera.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
I did as you instructed and it does the trick with only a little more load on the computer.
---
If the authors are reading this though I would like to suggest a feature for the next version and that would be the ability to FTP to more than one destination per camera.
The developer does not read this...if you want it, you need to email support..

Reactions: dtm