Upload to FTP on Motion Detection? DS-2CD2432F-IW

haizman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and suggestions!

It appears that upload to FTP requires storage of some sort before it will work. Due to fear of formatting the wrong Unraid disk, I plugged a USB HD into my router, created a Samba share, and mapped it in the Hikvision as a "NAS" share. Once that was in place everything started working as expected.

I actually like videos being captured better than just Jpegs, so this is great. I also plugged in a TF (SD) card and it appears to work as a secondary location for recording (i.e. if NAS is not available, then it records to local SD card).

The last issue I experienced was the alarm to email piece. Due to 2-step verification on my email accounts, I wasn't able to get GMail/Hotmail to work with this camera software. Instead, I am using my ISP's email account settings (that I never use, but now put to good use) to send notifications to my cell phone/email.

POE is the other great feature of this camera, with a $10 injector I'm able to have it hard wired in my house to get the best performance.

Glad I have this thing dialed in now - will be worth the extra time for setup, especially with the PIR sensor to have reliable motion detection!

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It worked for me in 5.3.6 but not in 5.3.8...And the camera name is always camera 01...