UPS recommendation to power nvr, modem and router??

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What UPS do you guys use and or recommend to power this equipment during a power outage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It depends on your overall draw (use a killwatt meter) and how long you want to power the cams...Nothing will power the equipment for very long unless you invest in a serious setup which is overkill...
This is one are where using a laptop has a bit of an advantage because it can use its own battery and let the ups power everything else..
I am partial to these..i have a bunch of the 850, 1000 and 1500's in the office and they are great.]
http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500PFCLCD-Sinewave-Compatible-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N19W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419443810&sr=8-2&keywords=cyberpower

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have that exact UPS that @fenderman linked to (1500) and it's great. It powers my rack which has the modem, router, switch, poe injector, all cameras, and BI server for a good 30 - 40 min after the power goes out.

Last edited:

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks guys! As usual this makes things so much easier for me to pass onto customers.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't beat the Cyberpower for bang for your buck. I've got 2 separate 1000VAs, one for the POE switch and the other for the Synology NAS. I've not had to see how much runtime I can get out of each but they were ok for a 10 minute outage while I isolated the supply to hook up a couple of new circuits.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use cyber power myself with good results, but for all of my remote installs I get APC Smart UPS 750 units. The reason for this is that all of my remote sites get NMC cards in them so I can remotely power cycle everything over the internet. I also get emails for UPS condition, power outage alerts and the like. The Smart UPS 750 is the smallest one that will take the NMC card that I need.

I combine that with something that will power cycle the modem and router automatically if the internet drops, and I can fix most of my issues without ever having to go onsite. I just got one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Switch-DLI-Built--Easy-/dp/B00EZWD146/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420744953&sr=8-2&keywords=web+power+switch

I have need for all 8 programmable outlets and this and a good remote access ups and I'll be good to go. If this works correctly it may make the NMC unneeded though I bet we still use them.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i agree can't go wrong with a cyberpower unit and cheaper the APC