UPS Suggestions

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking to get a ups for my pc running bi and switch powering cameras.
We constantly have power blips in my area and hate waiting to come home from work to power the pc back on.

Anything you guys can recommend that is affordable.

dalepa

Reaction score

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking to get a ups for my pc running bi and switch powering cameras.
We constantly have power blips in my area and hate waiting to come home from work to power the pc back on.

Anything you guys can recommend that is affordable.
Like @dalepa, I use CyberPower and am really happy with the performance. This is the one I use - http://flark.it/ups

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same one mike linked to. Actually about 10 in the office...mostly 850va version, but the 1000 and 1500 as well. They are superb.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have about 6 Cyberpower UPS of the 1500VA and 1350VA sizes. I use mostly the non-PFC version with the blue screen as it is cheaper than the white screened PFC version. I've never had any problems with any of them. I am very happy with them. If Cyberpower was to give these things the features of a Web Power Switch, I would be in heaven.

I did try one of their cheapest models once, to provide backup power for my router and modem. It was a 350VA model I think. No display on it. Cost about $40. The sockets were loose and it didn't keep my router and modem on during the very first power outage we had after installing it. Was a waste of money. I replaced it with another of the big ones and everything has been fine since then.

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great Advice guys. Looking into it.
Thanks