URGENT NVR Upgrade FAILED

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have another topic but it's not on the failed part, it was questions before I upgraded lol

Well, I f'd up....
I upgraded the FW with the latest, and then on the menus it has garbled text, and I can't login via the web browser... I can login through the NVR itself. I even made a new username on the NVR to try and login through the web browser, but with the correct info it says login failed, but with the wrong password it says password invalid. I can't view previous recordings on the hard drive, it's showing nothing. BUT, when I go to replay the video from the last 20 minutes on the preview window on the split screen it shows the video.

I'm downgrading to the FW right before the latest and seeing if it'll fix my text and hard drive issue. I have ALOT of video I need saved from this hard drive, I will be f'd if I lose it.

EDIT: the downgrade didn't fix any of the issues, I'm really f'd

BTW: It will NOT change from PAL to NTSC, the screen just goes black and the unit does not reboot, I turned the unit off and booted it up, and it's still in PAL. I let it sit, tried it a couple times, nothing.

Here is an image of the menus, all of them have this kind of text added, I've tried different firmwares downloaded from different sites, just incase one of them from a site was messed with or something.
The only way I can login to the NVR is through the config tool.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It wouldn't be that big of an issue, except it is. But the main thing is the recordings on that hard drive. I need to get them off and save them eventually. They are almost a months worth of very important things. I should have already backed them up, but there's so many of them I had dreaded it and I've had so much other stuff to do first.

If I got another working Dahua NVR, if I put the hard drive in it, it shouldn't prompt to format it right? It should just work as regular here. I just need to borrow a working NVR lol

Any other way to mount this Dahua NVR hard drive? In a linux distro or something?

I have to work on getting a Blue Iris setup going, I need recording 24/7, damn harassing neighbor!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found some Dahua software called "Dahua DVR HDD Manager" Which when loaded looks like the screen when logged into an NVR to review footage, it has the time and search and a 4 split screen for video. I hope that would allow me to connect my Dahua NVR sata HDD to my PC to recover the footage based on the times I have written down. I am going to wait to do anything with the hard drive until I hear from some of you here. I'm limited on empty hard drive space once I setup Blue Iris, but I can not lose this 1 month of recordings!!!!

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the FW wasn't compatible, because the menus before stock were in English, but in one section of the menus, where you can name the camera channels, the camera numbers were Chinese numbers. So this language mismatch has caused the text to be garbled.

The fix? I do not know lol

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not a problem! ;)
It's just like then someone trying to upgrade Chinese NVR, by English firmware.
After reboot this picture!
The theme is as old as the world!
Yes no login via web.
Use config tool to to uprgade.
Use Smart PSS to control and view.
Use DiskPlayer to directplay from disk attached to PC, but do not initialize this disk in windows OS !!!

Better say NVR model, firmware was( build, date), firmware now (build, date, link)

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@iTuneDVR Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!!!!, all that I had suspected ;) :) :) I just don't know the fix, I've looked but here I am still haha!
I didn't realize it was "Chinese NVR" until after this happened and then as I posted above, I thought about the Chinese numbers on that one menu. I did some upgrades/downgrades with the config tool with no help on the menu, but the fw version changed.

I needed to upgrade because there was a horrible freezing problem with the stock Firmware, it seemed it was "fixed" in the update, except for this problem, haha!!

NVR4216
LINK: ftp://ftp.loks.lv/IP solution/Dahua/NVR firmware/NVR4xxx_Eng_PN_V3.200.0000.9.R.20150529.zip
(the .bin file from the "dh" folder inside the .zip)

What the firmware was at STOCK

• Web:

• System Version:
  • 3.200.0000.6.R

• System Version:

• Build Date:
  • 11-27-2014

___________________________________________________________________________________

What it has now:

CURRENT: General_NVR4xxx_Eng_PN_V3.200.0000.9.R.20150529.bin
May 29 2015

Last edited by a moderator:

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1st you may ask you seller about start firmware!
2nd you may share nvr to internet in full acces

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1st you may ask you seller about start firmware!
2nd you may share nvr to internet in full acces
The seller is gone, I haven't been able to contact them in months :( That's why I proceeded to update it myself to try and fix the freezing problem I was having.
Do you mean share the nvr to internet to allow you access?

Thanks

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The seller is gone, I haven't been able to contact them in months :( That's why I proceeded to update it myself to try and fix the freezing problem I was having.
Shit happens!
There do you buy it? Link?
Everybody must know this kind seller!

Do you mean share the nvr to internet to allow you access?
Yes.
I can do it to you original pure Chinese! ;)

Chinese menu will be fine, and will normally go to the web!
It's better than now your position! ;)

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't wanna learn Chinese, lol
What version firmware will it be? Is there ever a chance I can get it back to English?

Thanks, let me know what I need to do

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want to try in the meanwhile, delete your webrec file in your C programs folder than open IE and open the web GUI. Let the new firmware install new plug ins, than try to log in. Most of the time
that works. Also, as mentioned, have you tried smart PSS yet?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I haven't messed with the NVR anymore as I was up all last night configuring Blue Iris, biggest pain trying to get the motion detection settings tuned well.
From the advice above about the Smart PSS, I have not tried it, I thought about it but I didn't fool with it yet since I was tied up with BI setup.
I had a feeling something would go wrong, I was just so annoyed with the freezing problem, I was hoping it'd fix it and I could move on after months of dealing with the freezing.

If you want to try in the meanwhile, delete your webrec file in your C programs folder than open IE and open the web GUI. Let the new firmware install new plug ins, than try to log in. Most of the time
that works. Also, as mentioned, have you tried smart PSS yet?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually have it installed from awhile back, are you suggesting it so I can download my video from the NVR?
Or something else?

I don't think it will work for downloading the video files, because when the hard drive is in the NVR now, it doesn't show any video files, (I have the hard drive disconnected for now in the NVR) it may show the recordings on Smart PSS, I may test that in a bit, I'm just afraid of something happening with the hard drive and losing the video files. I almost feel better by connecting the hard drive to the PC and using that Dahua Hard Drive manager. I just don't have hours to set aside today to find and cut all the footage I need.

I really appreciate the help, and I don't expect anyone to do anything for me or fix my problem right now. I know it's the holiday and there isn't a major rush now since I've got BI setup for now. :)

@iTuneDVR If you want to tell me what you need me to do exactly, I will get it ready and at some point I will PM you the details to access my NVR and sometime when you have the time you can mess with it. Tomorrow, the day after, or next week. I'm not in a hurry now, I do appreciate the help and info.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I took an extra hard drive and put in the NVR, it is recording, and is showing progress under the calendar showing it's recording. The only thing wrong is the garbled text, lack of login from web browser, and some settings lock up the NVR if you try to change them. Also my Smart Lines I had setup in the cameras are not showing on the NVR screen, motion is working though.
Also, there are no GREEN boxes that are around moving objects on the screen like it was before, not sure what setting that was? I thought that was included automatically?

Another note
, with the test recording setup on the NVR of this newer firmware, the cameras are NOT dropping out like they were on the old firmware. Atleast something got fixed, hahahahahahaha

Darn restrictive Chinese firmware language restrictions lol

I do have Blue Iris setup on a PC and configured, more work to do but it's installed.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the hard drive is with video in a usable Windows video format maybe you could buy one of those docking stations by "Plugable" and hook the HD up to your PC. Amazon.com: Plugable USB 3.0 Hard Drive Dock for 2.5 and 3.5 HDD or SSD (Supports SATA III, UASP and Drives 8TB+): Computers & Accessories. Might be long time to review but at least not lost. Does the PDF manual have pictures of the menu? Maybe you could use them to find the correct positions to click on even if it's unreadable. If someone knew what to do they could guide you through. I'm new at this.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The garbled text looks like some program code that creates the proper labels on the menu. Compare your garbled text to the pic below. BJ

Attachments

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
this thread been dead over a year dude..
:rolleyes: Now I feel silly..saw the Dec 31 and Jan 1 and the year didn't register.. Help was a little late in coming .