US Elections (& Politics) :)

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
NYT has succeeded in producing an effective Trump hit piece with mostly meaningless information that's emotionally charged and can be interpreted in multiple ways. The hit is the supposedly-accurate disclosure of the amount on line 56 of his 1040s, which is the federal income tax after credits. It does NOT include any estimated payments. Without disclosing what the credits are and what's behind them, this line 56 number has no meaning. Without knowing the interactions of his corporations with his personal income, it has no meaning. He could have chosen, for instance, to keep most of the money in the corporations and pay himself the right amount to keep his personal tax liability at zero or $750 (depending on the year). Anybody who runs businesses can legally do this. In fact, I've read that Joe Biden has been keeping some of his money in S corporations.

The real question should be if he did anything unethical or illegal. Are the democrats or NYT asking this? Not that I've seen. If what he has done is legal, and the democrats don't like it, they should be working to change the tax code, not destroying somebody who is following it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
NYT has succeeded in producing an effective Trump hit piece with mostly meaningless information that's emotionally charged and can be interpreted in multiple ways. The hit is the supposedly-accurate disclosure of the amount on line 56 of his 1040s, which is the federal income tax after credits. It does NOT include any estimated payments. Without disclosing what the credits are and what's behind them, this line 56 number has no meaning. Without knowing the interactions of his corporations with his personal income, it has no meaning. He could have chosen, for instance, to keep most of the money in the corporations and pay himself the right amount to keep his personal tax liability at zero or $750 (depending on the year). Anybody who runs businesses can legally do this. In fact, I've read that Joe Biden has been keeping some of his money in S corporations.

The real question should be if he did anything unethical or illegal. Are the democrats or NYT asking this? Not that I've seen. If what he has done is legal, and the democrats don't like it, they should be working to change the tax code, not destroying somebody who is following it.
That is exactly right. Good post. :)

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder what the conspiracy theorists, right wing whackos and the various white supremacist groups will be saying after the bigot in chief gets trounced in the election.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder what the conspiracy theorists, right wing whackos and the various white supremacist groups will be saying after the bigot in chief gets trounced in the election.

No idea, why don’t you ask them?

In the meantime, can you offer one ounce of fact to your claim he’s a bigot? You don’t seem good at facts

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Just finished my first bag of popcorn, time to pop another one, damn kernels are burnt :rofl:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
A BIG FART IS ABOUT TO UNRAVEL ON THE PODIUM :rofl:

A BIG FART IS ABOUT TO UNRAVEL ON THE PODIUM :rofl:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Biden: "This was a very productive segment" :lmao:

LMAO