US Elections (& Politics) :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pence says 'history will hold' Trump accountable for Jan. 6 in Gridiron speech

Former Vice President Mike Pence delivered his harshest rebuke yet of former President Donald Trump over the weekend for his role in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

Pence made the comments while speaking at the annual Gridiron Club Dinner, a white-tie event thrown by Washington, D.C. journalists and attended by high-profile Beltway figures. The exclusive soiree is known for politicians poking fun at each other and members of the D.C. press corps taking part in skits. This year featured speeches from Pence, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy. The former vice president used the platform to issue his strongest criticism to date of his ex-boss as the two inch toward their anticipated 2024 rivalry.

Pence says 'history will hold' Trump accountable for Jan. 6 in Gridiron speech | Washington Examiner

My comment: What a back stabbing POS Pence turned out to be. IMHO his political career is DOA.
I am sure anyone running against Trump will follow the Democrack Narrative Lies...Looking for to the Debates...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Russians brought down a US drone today…. Hope that whole Ukraine money laundering operation doesn’t get out of hand /sarc

'Reckless' Intercept By Russian Jets Caused US Drone Crash In Black Sea: Pentagon

Update(1328ET): The US military statement of events, blaming a pair of Russian fighter jets for "reckless" maneuvers which resulted in the MQ-9 drone being struck and crashing in international waters at a "complete loss":

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I have added the last paragraph and cross posted as it's a topic more appropriate here than the Ukraine thread

Some interesting facts from the YouTube channel Ukraine news tv.

The video touches on the subject of arms imports / exports and it's no surprise to find the USA is by far the largest exporter with approximately 3 times the next biggest, Russia. With poor Russian results in Ukraine from its home produced garbage it looks like this trend likely to increase further.

What happens with the huge sums of money generated by this industry and the resultant profits is ultimately a matter for the American people though i would add if Trump / Biden and their respective parties made multinationals and other untouchables pay a minimum of 20% tax a lot of America's internal problems including the deficit will start to go away.

Note - 20% is the lower rate personal tax allowance in the UK.

I'm replying to my own post as an update. Looking past the caption this tweet reveals areas where production has increased. Associated supply chains and support services will also benefit as will retail and leisure due to a larger disposable income flowing into the American economy. If is worthwhile noting that in the UK earnings are taxed at source 20% lower 40% higher and this tax goes directly to government.

Those of you in America can decide if the wealth / earnings generated from increased industry and / or companies individuals avoiding tax as per my first post will make America great again and vote accordingly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I cannot for one second believe that this can actually happen. If it does, NOT ONE DAMN DIME better come from anywhere out of that stupid ass state! NOT ONE DAMN DIME! If they want to implode into a 3rd world country, let them, but remove them from the union if it occurs. Seize all federal assets, bases, etc, and let freaking Mexico have them back. F******G stupidity, I mean even for California, how damn dumb can you get?

1678837641049.png
1678837695459.png

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
I cannot for one second believe that this can actually happen. If it does, NOT ONE DAMN DIME better come from anywhere out of that stupid ass state! NOT ONE DAMN DIME! If they want to implode into a 3rd world country, let them, but remove them from the union if it occurs. Seize all federal assets, bases, etc, and let freaking Mexico have them back. F******G stupidity, I mean even for California, how damn dumb can you get?

View attachment 156895
View attachment 156896
Off load it to Putin :rofl:

Reaction score
I'm replying to my own post as an update. Looking past the caption this tweet reveals areas where production has increased. Associated supply chains and support services will also benefit as will retail and leisure due to a larger disposable income flowing into the American economy. If is worthwhile noting that in the UK earnings are taxed at source 20% lower 40% higher and this tax goes directly to government.

Those of you in America can decide if the wealth / earnings generated from increased industry and / or companies individuals avoiding tax as per my first post will make America great again and vote accordingly.

The US has spent well north of 100 BILLION DOLLARS on that shitstain Ukraine. Meanwhile the EU has spent about 10 billion. Tell me why that isn't 55 Billion each. For that matter--- why in the F isn't the EU spending 100+ Billion and the US only 10 Billion? That makes a hell of a lot more sense to me--- it's your goddamned back yard. I DON"T WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR DAMNED WAR. You pay for it.

EDIT: I just re-read this, and I have to add that I am amazed that there apparently is some kind of international sentiment that the US somehow MUST pay for this European problem. The international Bank of Uncle Sam is no longer accepting loan applications. We have our own problems to deal with.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score