US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The Corruption Of POTUS, SCOTUS, And SCROTUS
The Corruption Of POTUS, SCOTUS, And SCROTUS | ZeroHedge

Authored by Charles Hugh Smith via OfTwoMinds blog,

Political corruption isn't hard to define: confidentially leveraging the power of one's position in the State for private gain. This covers the spectrum of using State power for personal gain from freebies, bribes, sweetheart deals, obtaining insider information, revolving doors between private sector and state positions, influence-peddling, selling tax breaks, subsidies, permits, etc., bloated speaking fees and so on, in a nearly limitless profusion of private financial gains generated solely by one's position of power within the State--the legislative and regulatory government, central bank, military and judiciary--gains that are cloaked from public disclosure and scrutiny.

One example is employees in building-planning departments taking bribes from applicants to bypass lengthy permit reviews. Money changes hands privately to gain some state-issued benefit.

Public trust in institutions, the rule of law and basic fairness are all undermined by corruption. This is why even the hint of impropriety must be promptly investigated and the results made public.

But there is more to corruption than just investigating improprieties. The larger questions are:

1. Is corruption a rare occurrence or has it become business as usual, i.e. endemic, embedded, taken for granted as "the way things work"?
2. Is there any sense of sincere shame or wrong-doing when those reaping private gains from their positions in the State are publicly exposed? Or do the guilty disclaim any notions of sin or shame for betraying the Public Trust?
3. Are there two completely different Standards of Justice, Criminality and Punishment, one applied ferociously to the general public and another applied with the lightest of feathers to insiders, financial elites and the politically influential?

I submit that all three conditions are true: corruption is now BAU, business as usual; there is no sense of shame or wrongdoing when the corrupt are exposed, and there are two judicial standards, one for the bottom 99.9% and another for insiders, the well-connected, the influential, the politically protected and the super-wealthy, what I call America's Aristocracy or Royalty.

...... more here

Reaction score

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmmm... View attachment 166364

View attachment 166363
uh yeah, of course you wouldn't push hydrogen, it has to be made and distributed locally, would isolate the USA from dependance on other nations, and would create a ton of middle class. same for other countries around the world.
they wouldn't have a more centralized control

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Trump Tapes Prove Trump Saved America from General Milley

President Trump blocked Mark Milley's forever war plot.

Joe Biden’s Department of Justice leaked audio of President Trump to CNN on Monday night. The tapes do not prove Trump was reading from classified documents, as CNN claims. However, the recordings do prove that Trump saved America from another forever war planned by General Milley.
In the tapes, Trump said, “Well, with Milley, let me see that. I’ll show you an example. He said I wanted to attack Iran.”

Trump goes on to explain that Milley and the deep state were the ones who wanted to attack Iran, saying, “This [plan to attack Iran] was him [Milley]. This was the defense department and him.”
Trump has the power to declassify any document he wants. All the Trump tapes prove is Trump saved America from General Milley.
pic.twitter.com/nOrDbfQBLt
— Charles R Downs (@TheCharlesDowns) June 27, 2023
If Trump did not stop Milley’s crazy ideas, there is a high chance that the United States would be engaged in a forever war in Iran. The country of Iran has double the population of Iraq. Unlike Iraq, which is mostly flat, Iran has mountains and other physical barriers that make military activity difficult, much like Afghanistan.
Following America’s invasion of Iraq, a much more radical government (ISIS) took the place of Saduam in large parts of the country. The same thing would likely have happened in Iran, except Iran has much more advanced weaponry meaning the war in Iran would make the Iraq troop surges look like a cakewalk. These facts prove Trump saved the lives of thousands of American troops by denying Milley his forever war.
Trump responded to leaks on TruthSocial, writing, “The Deranged Special Prosecutor, Jack Smith, working in conjunction with the DOJ & FBI, illegally leaked and “spun” a tape and transcript of me which is actually an exoneration, rather than what they would have you believe. This continuing Witch Hunt is another ELECTION INTERFERENCE Scam. They are cheaters and thugs!”

Monday’s leak further proves that Trump is the only America First candidate running for president in 2024.

Trump Tapes Prove Trump Saved America from General Milley - National File

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At some point, the phrase 'Its you and me buddy, UNTIL ITS YOU OR ME' will hit home with the Biden's. The rats will start jumping ship....the evidence is mounting and the storm clouds are forming.

View attachment 166449View attachment 166450
imho the Turn vs Biden .. it's clear to those working with Biden that his health an age is not good .. so best to replace him before the election

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hope this guy is a adviser for the next president. He was present with Trump during early days of his presidency

Reaction score
somehow this law is making me feel threatened ..
I had to look up the actual law. As with many things, it was probably ok until we get to the fine print at the very end...

1687988734333.png

This whole section is filled with ambiguity. It is already illegal to verbally THREATEN someone. This law requires a prosecutor to KNOW the intent and purpose of certain language and appears to be engineered to arrive at only one conlusion-- that if the "victim" felt threatened, then clearly that must have been the INTENT of the person uttering those words.

Additionally-- That last line has the cute little catch-phrase: "...that serves a legitimate purpose" So speech must serve only purposes deemed "legitimate" according to some government arbiter of the value of any given speech for any individual? Is that the level of bullshit I am reading??

I think this is evidence that the lawmakers in Michigan should change the name of that state to "MissedAgain", and also, to stop smoking crack while legislating.