US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
[Former] FEC Commissioner Blasts Trump Conviction, Debunks Claim He Violated Election Law

Former Commissioner of the Federal Elections Commission, Brad Smith, a preeminent expert on campaign finance law has taken to social media to lash out against the Manhattan trial that led to the conviction of former President Donald Trump.

Judge Juan Merchan had prevented Trump’s defense team from seating Smith as a witness or even submitting his testimony to the jury. Smith had planned on testifying that Donald Trump’s filing of a “hush money” payment as a “legal expense” was not a crime against federal elections law.

Indeed, federal prosecutors had passed up on the case prior to Alvin Bragg, the District Attorney in Manhattan, bringing the case by claiming that Trump had “falsified business records” in the furtherance of committing a crime. One of the implicit crimes that Bragg had left open as an option was covering up Trump’s alleged affair with an adult actress “Stormy Daniels” (Stephanie Cliffords) so that it would not negatively impact the 2016 election.

Former Commissioner Smith put this notion to rest in a lengthy thread that he posted on social media. It is reposted in its entirety below (lightly edited for readability):

FEC Commissioner Blasts Trump Conviction, Debunks Claim He Violated Election Law - The Politics Brief

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Maureen Dowd’s sister is backing Trump after verdict

New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd said this weekend that her sister is backing former President Trump’s reelection bid following the guilty verdict in the New York hush money criminal trial.

In a column published Saturday, Dowd said after the guilty verdict, she called her brother and her sister — both of whom, she said, are Republicans who had hoped for a Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley victory — to gauge whether Trump’s conviction had been a final straw for them.

Dowd said she was surprised to hear that her sister was swayed in the other direction.

“I wasn’t going to vote for Trump,” Maureen Dowd’s sister, Peggy, told her, according to Dowd’s column. “But now I am because I thought this whole thing was a sham.”

Maureen Dowd’s sister is backing Trump after verdict (thehill.com)

My comment: Well, she is indeed correct. The trial was a sham.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
I knew that Hunter Biden is a HUGE, STEAMING PILE OF SHIT, but I didn't know that he was kicked out of the Navy for testing positive for Cocaine. Wow.

1717409555862.png
And if anyone, ESPECIALLY A COMMISSIONED OFFICER, popped positive for illegal drug use, they would receive a discharge, and at the minimum a it was a general and could be a BCD (if referred to a CM) How do I know?
I was a SACO in the Marine Corps Largest Headquarters and Service Battalion and I had a 100% conviction rate of those Marines that popped on a piss test. But wait..NOT IF YOU ARE THE SON OF THEN SENATOR BIDEN!

1717409995187.png
1717410033578.png

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe Biden could drive one of these, but I doubt he can even drive any more:

Reaction score
x.com

LAWFARE: Democrats have filed more than 1,000 misconduct complaints against Federal Judge Aileen Cannon regarding President Trump - as a result the 11th Circuit Court has announced they will no longer hear them. Democrat efforts to destroy democracy will no longer be tolerated.

Mark Mendlovitz
@MendlovitzMark

The Chief Judge for the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals is putting an official end to the THOUSANDS OF COORDINATED COMPLAINTS against Judge Aileen Cannon. Democrats are totally hysterical when they can't control a courtroom (or a SC Justice like Alito).

Adobe Acrobat