US Elections (& Politics) :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
imho: If Biden is a true leader he would reign in Pelosi, AOC, and quickly start to mend things - otherwise, we're looking at massive polarity continuing.

At the moment, it is not looking good..

"When somebody knocks on your door and its a person who works for the government says 'I'm from the government and I am here to help', RUN LIKE HELL" - Ronald Reagan
Biden does not have clue. He is only a puppet and takes orders from who knows. To think that these liberal intellectuals on this forum who claim to be way smarter than us Conservatives voted for the clown.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And just for some historical perspective....

I fact checked this on Snopes and got "Miexed"

Rating
Mixture

Mixture
About this rating
What's True
Susan Rosenberg has served as vice chair of the board of directors for Thousand Currents, an organization that provides fundraising and fiscal sponsorship for the Black Lives Matter Global Movement. She was an active member of revolutionary left-wing movements whose illegal activities included bombing U.S. government buildings and committing armed robberies.
What's Undetermined
In the absence of a single, universally-agreed definition of "terrorism," it is a matter of subjective determination as to whether the actions for which Rosenberg was convicted and imprisoned — possession of weapons and hundreds of pounds of explosives — should be described as acts of "domestic terrorism."

In May 1985, New Jersey U.S. District Court Judge Frederick Bernard Lacey gave Rosenberg and Blunk the maximum available sentence of 58 years each in prison. On Jan. 20, 2001, his last day in office, President Bill Clinton commuted Rosenberg’s sentence, and she was released from prison.

ref:

1610340106644.png

Also

The Dark History of America’s First Female Terrorist Group
The women of May 19th bombed the U.S. Capitol and plotted Henry Kissinger’s murder. But they’ve been long forgotten.

The ARU was a nom de guerre for the May 19th Communist Organization, a group of self-described “revolutionary anti-imperialists” formed in the late 1970s to support armed struggles in southern Africa, the Middle East, Central America, Puerto Rico—and inside the American mainland. Although several hundred people were part of May 19th front groups (such as the John Brown Anti-Klan Committee, an early incarnation of what we now call the antifa movement, and the Madame Binh Graphics Collective, which produced revolutionary-themed silkscreens), the group’s inner circle contained fewer than a dozen people.

The group was also the first American terrorist group entirely organized and led by women. Women picked the targets, made the bombs and implanted the devices. It was a new sisterhood of the bomb and the gun. “We lived in a country that loved violence,” one member said. “We had to meet it on its own terms.”

Reaction score

Rating
Mixture

Mixture
About this rating
What's True
Susan Rosenberg has served as vice chair of the board of directors for Thousand Currents, an organization that provides fundraising and fiscal sponsorship for the Black Lives Matter Global Movement. She was an active member of revolutionary left-wing movements whose illegal activities included bombing U.S. government buildings and committing armed robberies.
What's Undetermined
In the absence of a single, universally-agreed definition of "terrorism," it is a matter of subjective determination as to whether the actions for which Rosenberg was convicted and imprisoned — possession of weapons and hundreds of pounds of explosives — should be described as acts of "domestic terrorism."

In May 1985, New Jersey U.S. District Court Judge Frederick Bernard Lacey gave Rosenberg and Blunk the maximum available sentence of 58 years each in prison. On Jan. 20, 2001, his last day in office, President Bill Clinton commuted Rosenberg’s sentence, and she was released from prison.

ref:

View attachment 79372

Also

The women of May 19th bombed the U.S. Capitol and plotted Henry Kissinger’s murder. But they’ve been long forgotten.

The ARU was a nom de guerre for the May 19th Communist Organization, a group of self-described “revolutionary anti-imperialists” formed in the late 1970s to support armed struggles in southern Africa, the Middle East, Central America, Puerto Rico—and inside the American mainland. Although several hundred people were part of May 19th front groups (such as the John Brown Anti-Klan Committee, an early incarnation of what we now call the antifa movement, and the Madame Binh Graphics Collective, which produced revolutionary-themed silkscreens), the group’s inner circle contained fewer than a dozen people.

The group was also the first American terrorist group entirely organized and led by women. Women picked the targets, made the bombs and implanted the devices. It was a new sisterhood of the bomb and the gun. “We lived in a country that loved violence,” one member said. “We had to meet it on its own terms.”

If you read that snopes aricle, it confirms every detail provided in the tweet. The "mixed" rating apparently comes from a stupid little game of semantics regarding how you define "terrorism" legally. pretty typical of Snopes to take a minor semantic argument to dismiss a claim. Regardless-- the Snopes article affirms the facts regarding Rosenberg.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you read that snopes aricle, it confirms every detail provided in the tweet. The "mixed" rating apparently comes from a stupid little game of semantics regarding how you define "terrorism" legally. pretty typical of Snopes to take a minor semantic argument to dismiss a claim. Regardless-- the Snopes article affirms the facts regarding Rosenberg.
indeed.. exactly... next time I have to remember the /S tag...

btw
1610341003296.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Acts17Apologetics

Parler, a pro-free speech alternative to Twitter and Facebook, has been canceled by the combined might of Google, Apple, and Amazon. The message of the tech tyrants is clear: If we don't submit to them, there's nowhere else to go. David Wood discusses the issue.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Link starts at Twitter, Facebook censorship..

"Tech Giants, Big Tech showing they are the true rulers... "

" .. it is not a slippery slope.. but a free fall.. "

Viva Frei

Updated in Miya Ponsetto, Patricia McCloskey, and my thoughts on the Twitter and Facebook censorship and purge.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

Rating
Mixture

Mixture
About this rating
What's True
What's Undetermined

ref:

View attachment 79372

Also

Thousand Currents and BLM are hand in glove. Also the armed robbery resulted in the death of two police officers. And she was involved in the bombing. Clinton and Nadler said her free. Yes she is a Marxist.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Try BRAVE.....

I have been using it for a while now for certain things. You can do a private window routed with Tor..... auto ad blocking and cookie blocking.

EDIT: and I just saw they have a phone app too. Installing now.
I looked into Brave, but saw that it is based on Chrome code. So my fear is that it may still contain the innate badness of Chrome.

With Amazon removing Parlor, I've heard a lot of people talking about cancelling their Amazon Prime. Ok, remember... if you cancel, Amazon still has what's left of your year's worth of Prime subscription fee (your loss, Amazon's gain). I've taken a different approach, have been doing it for a few weeks now, and will continue until either my subscription runs out or until Amazon figures out what's going on and does whatever. I order a couple of dollars item that has Prime delivery. As soon as that item has shipped I order another couple of dollars item. Rinse, repeat. I don't care what deal Amazon has with other carriers (even their own), there is no way they are not losing money on every single order they ship to me. Imagine if we could get EVERY subscriber who is a conservative to do this (and even every liberal that believes in The Constitution!) . It would add up fast...
Amazon must have incredible contracts with the freight outfits. Where I used to work, we had a contract with UPS. Compared to what I would have to pay to ship something as an individual, our company paid shockingly less. We did a lot of shipping through them, but not a drop in the bucket compared to someone like Amazon. I remember we shipped three huge Dell servers from central Texas to Montana for $4.50 each. They weighed over 75 pounds each, and the boxes were oversized so they had to be measured and were considered too big and heavy to even ship if you were a mere mortal. We did this by simply putting an ARS sticker on each of them. They were picked up from one of our offices and shipped to another of our offices no problem.

But even for things we shipped without using one of the flat-rate ARS stickers, because it had to go to some location that wasn't one of our offices, we paid ridiculously lower prices than we would without the contract we had. It was always horrifying when I, as an individual, shipped something myself. I couldn't believe how much more it cost me than when I shipped something from our office.

I remember ordering 10 tiny vials of purple loctite so I could have more or less disposable vials to put in various toolboxes. Amazon shipped 6 in one package, then 3 more in another package, and finally the remaining one in its own package because they didn't have them all in stock at once, or perhaps they were available in different locations. I couldn't believe it. I paid only a few bucks for the whole ten of them. So I'm not sure how much they pay to ship things, but it's not even in the same order of magnitude as what you or I would pay!

Do we really need Amazon?
Not in my opinion. Oh, it was nice to have a centralized location to order from, but I have no problem whatsoever going back to ordering directly off a seller’s own site or going old school and getting off my tail to go to a store. Preferably a mom and pop store. Two day shipping is not worth my freedom of speech being censored and soon to be other rights.
One very smart thing Amazon did a few years back was to not only not oppose the states when they sued to have local sales taxes added to their orders, but actually encouraged it. The reason was that Amazon has the staff, programmers, and computing power to calculate the local taxes for every single taxing district in the US without it being a big deal for them. So when I order something in central Wyoming, they can easily compute the state and local taxes and add that in, and even more importantly, have the system to be able to maintain the sales tax licenses for each and every one of those taxing authorities (30,000+ of them?) and to be able to do the paperwork for each of those taxing authorities and, of course, remit what they owe to each of them.

Most small businesses have no practical way to do this. Thus, small sellers can just sell through Amazon and let Amazon handle all of that sales tax hassle. Or if they don't, then Amazon, because it's so big, just has a huge advantage versus a smaller retailer.

Can you imagine being a small retail seller, and needing to collect the correct amounts of sales tax on every sale, and then remit it to all of those separate entities? I suppose there are alternative companies who will do all of that work for you as well, for a price, but I'm sure selling through Amazon has a lot of advantages that allow some small businesses to exist who really couldn't on their own.

But you are feeding the beast when you do business with Amazon. It really is a shame.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's quite amazing that the terrorist name is freely given out to nearly everyone on the right by most left organizations, but they hide behind the lack of a clear definition when it could be given to them. Did someone say hypocrisy?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Mass censorship gaining steam... comrades

*NOTE: As pointed out by one of our members, Mark Levin has said that he didn’t receive any memo and that the above story is false.

Last edited: