US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Portland Prosecutor Likely To Drop Charges Against Rioters Who Injure Cops, Citing "Instinctive Reaction" To Police

Portland Prosecutor Likely To Drop Charges Against Rioters Who Injure Cops, Citing "Instinctive Reaction" To Police

The Left is quickly getting closer to having exactly what they want:
  • No Personal Responsibility
  • No Accountability
  • Lots of Free Shit

.......But I dont think they really understand the consequences of destroying their own communities, cities and country so that they can have it.

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.“

And if Hillary breaks the cycle and loses the power to bribe them, the 'bribed public' will tear it all down because now they believe they're entitled to it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Reuters Skewed Latest Poll By Undersampling Republicans 22%? Here is the Data–You Decide

The media continues to publish polls that assume a turnout completely different from 2016.

The latest Reuters/Ipsos (Aug. 10-11), which has Biden up by 7 points, is no different.

Highlights – Significant undersampling of Republican voters.< br/>

In 2016, Republicans leaning voters were about 48 percent of the electorate. Democratic leaning voters were about 51 percent.< br/>

Yet in the Aug. 10-11 Reuters/Ipsos poll, the sample size of registered voters is 50% Democrats, and 37% Republican.< br/>

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
President Trump, you magnificent bastard. :)

Israel and UAE reach historic peace deal

Israel and the United Arab Emirates reached a historic peace deal on Thursday that will lead to a full normalization of diplomatic relations between the two Middle Eastern nations in an agreement that U.S. President Donald Trump helped broker.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.“

And if Hillary breaks the cycle and loses the power to bribe them, the 'bribed public' will tear it all down because now they believe they're entitled to it.
I guess you are referring to Trump's deferring of the Payroll tax and his promise to do away with it if elected. lol I guess we can kiss social security goodbye

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SS is a ponzi scheme in the finest sense, foisted on us by Democrats I believe. Also note that SS taxes were moved into the "General Fund" by the Democrats to "make accounting easier", AKA so we can get our grubby hands on it and waste it easier.
I better get my share in a couple of years. I have been paying in for 40+ years. If not the riots that are happening now, will look like a birthday party.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
A couple of years ago, before I retired, I did a quick and dirty analysis of what I had contributed to SS, what my employer contributed, and what I would get per month. This showed I would use up my contributions by age 78. Actuarily I die at 84. So that is six years before I die. So I would get all of my money back.

Now consider that I am taxed on my SS payments each month. So I am paying tax on my money that I am withdrawing. Money that already had FIT deducted from me and my employer. If you take that into account (i.e. they are saying some of my withdrawal is money from the amounts AFTER I have withdrawn all of the money I and my employer had payed in), then I actually 'run out' of 'my' money at 88, four years AFTER I am scheduled to die.

But if you considered I had no choice in contributing and had no ability to decide how that money was invested, I looked into what the value of those contributions to a modest interest savings account would have been. Withdrawing the same amount as my projected SS monthly 'benefit', I would run out at age 108.

So it really pisses me off when they say it is an entitlement.

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess you are referring to Trump's deferring of the Payroll tax and his promise to do away with it if elected. lol I guess we can kiss social security goodbye
Did you kiss Social Security goodbye when Obama did the same thing and replaced the tax contribution to SS he cut from the General Fund just like Trump proposes? No. Nobody did, because the dem propaganda machine wasn't tuning up the sheep about it then.

And no, I'm not referring to promises that benefit the general (working) public. I'm talking about reparations, earned income credits refunded for illegals, voting from prison, ordering universal masking, and pretty much everything Biden and Harris are pushing to buy votes.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and the games continues...

"Donald Trump is more liberal than the Democrats. "

Liberal Explains Why They Are Voting For Trump, The Democrats Are NOT Liberal Anymore

Tim reads and shares his thoughts on:

A Liberal for Trump
I’m voting for Trump because the Democratic Party is no longer liberal.
Keri Smith
Aug 12

1597363447637.png

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bob, he gets his information from the likes of Sheila Lee Jackson, Ron Wyden and Raul Manuel Grijalva. The far left of the Democrat party.
lol. I don't say ctgoldwing is one of the sheep I mentioned, but I've seen the same story on CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Washington Post and other leftie rags today. It seems one so-called pundit gets an idea to attack Trump and the rest mindlessly echo it. Nevermind their guy did the same thing to cheers from the same media and political show ponies.