US Elections (& Politics) :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
In PM Modi's recent visit to the WH, he stressed that India would soon become one of the largest manufacturing hubs in the world, perhaps eventually overtaking China in the very new future. Recently, I walked into a Home Depot noticed that the Porcelain tile is no longer made in Turkey; now its made mostly in India. There are different grades of Porcelain tile but at least we don't have to worry about carcinogens like formaldehyde coming across shore. There was a recall that Chinese-made laminate flooring contains high levels of cancer-causing formalin; this has been resolved in recent years, but I'd still be weary about purchasing anything from the CCP. I wouldn't mind purchasing iPhones assembled in India. Although, my first priority would be purchasing electronics assembled in the USA; being made in the USA without the use of global materials would obviously be even more awesome, but the world has become more globalized than ever before.

India needs to up it's game ..

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
To add on, China is laughing at us quietly in the background, for each decal sold equates to one moment of silence followed by a loud laugh ;) The deal gets better when its BOGO, buy one - get one free, followed by double the laughter. Meanwhile, the buyer has no idea what accompanies with their order, so much influence from China over the USA, that this whole model is setup for humiliation if the USA continues to pursue trade with China this way :facepalm:

Funny I was looking at eBay again and noticed the FREE shipping from China and updated my post. Then saw yours here :lmao:

View attachment 103099

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
When I wake up tomorrow morning, I hope it doesn't start with "blah, blah, blah"

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its very easy to avoid a shutdown, stop using Windows, and use Linux instead ;)

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess I'm impatient but I sure would like to see some action on the border invasion from Abbott if possible. If the democrats could have sanctuary states from Trump's policies can we have a sanctuary state where laws are enforced in spite of Biden? I guess it's not that easy but I'm frustrated.