US Elections (& Politics) :)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I like Saban and I like what he's done at Alabama regarding FOOTBALL. He's entitled to his opinion but he really should be focused on what he does best and what he is being paid to do...coach football. Perhaps if he had been more focused ON WHAT HIS JOB REALLY IS Alabama would have won against Georgia for the national championship on January 10th!

Nick Saban co-signs letter to Joe Manchin supporting voting rights bill

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
School board recall election happened in Oregon today, for the Newberg school district, Newberg a suburb of Portland. I think this will be a proxy for other school board fights. The school board turned conservative in the last general election, promptly removed BLM and gay pride propaganda from the schools, and fired the superintendent who refused to do it. That's what spawned the recall election, with the pro-recall campaign being financed for over $100k by 2 Californians and, you'd never guess, the teachers' union (from a media report: The top three contributors to the recalls are Hollywood actress Rosario Dawson (Los Angeles, CA), Hollywood director Justin Simien (Hollywood, CA) and the Oregon teachers union (Portland, OR)).

But there's another rub. Because of a new Oregon law, votes that arrive 7 days after election day are counted. The county clerk has stated that the votes might not be counted until Valentines day. Four days short of a whole friggin' month! Gives the dems plenty of extra time to cheat. For your entertainment, here the the pro-recall web sites:

Campaign to recall Brian Shannon from the Newberg District School Board – Recall Brian Shannon | Make the students priority #1
Campaign to recall Dave Brown from the Newberg District School Board – Recall Dave Brown | Save Newberg School District

The top 2 listed reasons they say to vote yes are:
  • Vote YES to stop the bad press for Newberg/Dundee
  • Vote YES to stop extremist groups coming to our community.
Yet they are the extremist group causing the bad press!

Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
This is why, in the long run, we’re doomed. There are simply too many fucked up people in this country, the numbers are on their side.

They are weak, pitiful, self centered cowards. Mostly scum Democrats as you would suspect, but enough “Republicans” and independents who are so morally and ethically bankrupt, to give them the majority.

These are the people living among us, friends, coworkers, the idiot at the grocery store, and even family.

You can push back, or fade away silently.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hah! I think everyone here has a pretty good idea by now as to whether I push back or keep quiet... ;)
Ditto...You Push me I Push Back Harder...I may not win but I was at least on the Right Side...The Side of Truth...
People just don't get it, those who fight for what is RIGHT, not Left, are the Hero's in History, the Anne Frank's...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have some opinion about today’s US policy.
Maybe not right, just my thinking.
At present, the United States has changed from the previous strategic preparation of "coping with two global wars at the same time" to the model of "coping with China wholeheartedly", which will lead to the second- and third-level battlefields and tend to compromise (Iran, Russia) and retreat (Afghanistan). And these secondary battlefields are actually not toothless tigers, and they counterattack quickly.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
You could be right, I don't know. My view is the main strategy is to use the US military to address social justice, wokeness, and provide equal outcomes to the military personnel regardless of their ability to do their jobs. Sorry if these are terms you aren't familiar with. I'm too lazy to try to define them. It's a losing strategy for US military strength.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have some opinion about today’s US policy.
Maybe not right, just my thinking.
At present, the United States has changed from the previous strategic preparation of "coping with two global wars at the same time" to the model of "coping with China wholeheartedly", which will lead to the second- and third-level battlefields and tend to compromise (Iran, Russia) and retreat (Afghanistan). And these secondary battlefields are actually not toothless tigers, and they counterattack quickly.
Hi Andy,

I have found main stream media and the like to be poor sources to really understand the US Military planning.

Good news, however is as a Democracy - you can see the budget proposals for the Military and that gives you some idea of what the military plans.

From what I can tell, in general the USA Military stills wants to be able to deal with 2 global crisis at a time .. unfortunately China and USA now has more conflicts, which saddens me - but we ( us people ) are just small shrimp in a sea of large fishes ..

One source I have read before which I found better was
Foreign Policy Magazine ..