US Elections (& Politics) :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Garland Perjury? FBI Whistleblowers Say Parents Investigated With Counterterrorism "Threat Tag"

An FBI whistleblower has revealed that 'dozens' of investigations into parents voicing their opposition to topics ranging from Critical Race Theory to mask mandates were investigated using a "threat tag" created by the agency's counterterrorism division- directly contradicting Attorney General Merrick Garland's 2021 testimony denying that the Department of Justice had been weaponized.

According to a letter from Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Mike Johnson (R-LA), "We now have evidence that contrary to your testimony, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has labeled at least dozens of investigations into parents with a threat tag created by the FBI's Counterterrorism Division to assess and track investigations related to school boards.

The letter cites an October 4th memo issued by Garland announcing a concentrated effort to target any threats of violence, intimidation, and harassment by parents toward school personnel.

"We have learned from brave whistleblowers that the FBI has opened investigations with the EDUOFFICIALS threat tag in almost every region of the country," adding "The information we have received shows how, as a direct result of your directive, federal law enforcement is using counterterrorism resources to investigate protected First Amendment activity."
Three examples were provided, including at least one member of "Moms for Liberty," a nonprofit dedicated to helping parents fight for conservative values in the classroom.

"This whistleblower information is startling," the letter continues. "You have subjected these moms and dads to the opening of an FBI investigation about them, the establishment of an FBI case file that includes their political views, and the application of a "threat tag" to their names as a direct result of their fundamental constitutional right to speak and advocate for their children."

"This information is evidence of how the Biden Administration is using federal law enforcement, including counterterrorism resources, to investigate concerned parents for protected First Amendment activity."

Reactions to the whistleblower revelations has been harsh:

The letter is similar to a November, 2001 memo from Jordan to Garland
A 'protected disclosure':
In mid-November, House Judiciary Committee Republicans sent a letter to Garland after an FBI whistleblower came forward with "a protected disclosure" - claiming that "the FBI's Counterterrorism Division had been compiling and categorizing threat assessments related to parents, including a document directing FBI personnel to use a specific "threat tag" to track potential investigations."

"This disclosure provides specific evidence that federal law enforcement operationalized counterterrorism tools at the behest of a left-wing special interest group against concerned parents," the letter continues.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing to see here, he just "mis-spoke". They're all a bunch of lying pieces of crap not worthy of the air they breath or the space they occupy. And to think this one almost got onto the Supreme Court. Once in a while old Mitch does something right after all.

Reaction score
Fusion GPS loses its fight over "privileged" documents

And - how Joffe's "privilege" can be overcome

We’ve documented the ongoing battle to obtain Fusion GPS e-mails and documents in the Michael Sussmann case. At issue in the Sussmann case are 38 e-mails and attachments between and among Fusion GPS, Rodney Joffe, and Perkins Coie. These 38 e-mails and attachments are among approximately 1,500 documents that Fusion GPS withheld from production to the grand jury based on “privilege.”

What Fusion GPS has to produce.

Today, the court in the Sussmann case made an important ruling and rejected, in large measure, Fusion’s assertion of attorney-client or work-product privilege:

Fusion GPS will have to produce these documents to Special Counsel Durham by May 16, 2022. What do these e-mails and documents contain? The court’s order provides guidance, stating they relate to:

Internal Fusion GPS e-mails discussing the Alfa Bank data and e-mails circulating draft versions of the Alfa Bank white papers that were “ultimately provided to the press and the FBI.”

Here are some examples of what these e-mails might include. These are privilege logs in Fusion GPS’s other litigation relating to the Alfa Bank hoax.

https:/technofog.substack.com/p/fusion-gps-loses-its-fight-over-privileged?utm_source=%2Fprofile%2F26447884-techno-fog&utm_medium=reader2&s=r

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Bidenflation Sent Prices for Trucking, Freight Trains, Air Freight and Warehousing Soaring in April

It is getting much more expensive to transport and store goods, a signal the economy may not yet have hit the peak of inflation.

Producer Price Indexes for April showed “final demand” prices for transportation and warehousing jumped 3.7 percent compared with a month earlier. Compared with a year ago, prices in the sector are up 20.8 percent.

The skyrocketing prices for transportation also call into question the effectiveness of the policies of Biden and Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg.

The PPIs contain data on prices for the full set of goods and services produced in the U.S.—including prices charged by businesses to other businesses, foreign customers, and government agencies—while the more familiar Consumer Price Index covers only prices paid by the U.S. household sector. Transportation costs are up no matter how things are shipped. Rail freight prices rose 2.6 percent in April and are up 9.7 percent from a year ago. Truck transportation prices jumped 5.1 percent in March and 4.4 percent in April. Compared with a year ago, they are up 27.4 percent. Prices for air freight rose 3.5 percent in April for a 12-month gain of 12.8. Shipping by waterways jumped 5.7 percent for an annual rise of 21.2 percent.

Truck trailer prices have skyrocketed. These rose 2.6 percent in April are are up 39.9 percent for the year. Diesel fuel prices rose 8.1 percent in April and are up a jaw-dropping 81.6 percent from a year ago.

Warehousing prices for goods jumped 4,5 percent in April and they are up 15.1 percent since the month a year prior.

Bidenflation Sent Prices for Trucking, Freight Trains, Air Freight and Warehousing Soaring in April (breitbart.com)

My comment: Wait until the shortage of diesel fuel hits home.

Reaction score
My comment: Wait until the shortage of diesel fuel hits home.
I have a diesel motorhome. It is a 2015 45 foot with a 15L 600HP Cummins engine. It weighs about 42k#. I bought it new in 2015 and run about 12k miles per year. It now has 84,683 miles and I have put 12,983 gallons of diesel fuel into it since new. I get 6.5MPG overall. Below is the average price I have paid for diesel for each year.

2015 $2.22
2016 $2.21
2017 $2.44
2018 $3.14
2019 $2.78
2020 $1.95 (only did 2600 miles due to COVID in 2020)
2021 $2.88
Now lets talk about 2022 - We did two trips so far this year. January and March for 5000 miles. Average cost of diesel was $3.93.
But right now the best price I find in the Houston area is $5.25 at Loves. But I get a fleet discount so I would pay $4.97 per gallon, which is about twice what I paid in 2017, and a dollar more than a month ago. So on my next trip which is about 2300 miles, that is an extra $354 dollars in fuel just since April. Thanks Brandon.

Last edited: