US Elections (& Politics) :)

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm sure it will work out well for them. Well..... at least as well as this endeavor worked out with AI...

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My classified documents were lost along with all my firearms in a boating accident. I am offended by the new M&Ms spokesperson, bring back the candies and let them go barefooted.

I agree with Garland that there are not separate laws, he fails to mention that they just enforce them or ignore them based on alphabets.

Is there any hope for me?

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
A good start but, I think the possible future "home school" part of this should be under scrutiny as you know there will be some who decide "they will home school" their children but no doubt some will just pocket the money for the sake of getting their hands on money. It's about impossible to engineer projects for the truly dumb/criminal element of society who will figure out way to work the system.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A good start but, I think the possible future "home school" part of this should be under scrutiny as you know there will be some who decide "they will home school" their children but no doubt some will just pocket the money for the sake of getting their hands on money. It's about impossible to engineer projects for the truly dumb/criminal element of society who will figure out way to work the system.

As a parent who sends our children to a private school I think all states should implement this.

We are paying tuition twice. Once for the government indoctrination school, and a second to actually educate our children.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not good news ==>> AT&T's DirecTV Cancels NEWSMAX in Censorship Move :mad: :mad: :mad:

Excerpts:

"This is the second time in the past year AT&T has moved to cancel a conservative channel, with DirecTV deplatforming OAN in April."
“This is a blatant act of political discrimination and censorship against Newsmax,” Christopher Ruddy, CEO of Newsmax said."
“The most extreme liberal channels, even with tiny ratings, get fees from AT&T’s DirecTV, but Newsmax and OAN need to be deplatformed,” Ruddy added."

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As a parent who sends our children to a private school I think all states should implement this.

We are paying tuition twice. Once for the government indoctrination school, and a second to actually educate our children.
We have been paying School taxes our whole home ownership lives. I guess also in rent too. Anyway, I have been told as a home owner we have to pay as a sort of payback for when our kids went to school. Well they have been out of school for a few decades now. Why are retired folks still having to pay School taxes? It is one of our highest taxes we pay. I don't get it.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have been paying School taxes our whole home ownership lives. I guess also in rent too. Anyway, I have been told as a home owner we have to pay as a sort of payback for when our kids went to school. Well they have been out of school for a few decades now. Why are retired folks still having to pay School taxes? It is one of our highest taxes we pay. I don't get it.
And even if you DO have in kids in school the staff and teachers don't want YOU having any say in the curriculum! And are they really learning anything useful? NO!!

By the time they graduate they've spent 12 years, two-thirds of their lives, in these so called "schools" and can barely read, don't have a decent vocabulary, can't print legibly even in block letters, and think Canada is a state. They can't put together a grammatically correct report of any sense, balance a checkbook, create a resume, dress and conduct themselves properly for a job interview. IMO, the career counselors at most schools are just consuming valuable oxygen and providing no tangible benefits.

I understand there are some good, dedicated teachers and staff in places but their numbers have waned and continue to do so by the minute.

Thank God I was able to afford private HS for my daughter, class of '98 and then 4 years of a private university, class of '02...she graduated (Journalism and Communications) and has beeen constantly employed for 20 years in a great, steady job that she says she loves at a law office. We ARE blessed.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And even if you DO have in kids in school the staff and teachers don't want YOU having any say in the curriculum! And are they really learning anything useful? NO!!

By the time they graduate they've spent 12 years, two-thirds of their lives, in these so called "schools" and can barely read, don't have a decent vocabulary, can't print legibly even in block letters, and think Canada is a state. They can't put together a grammatically correct report of any sense, balance a checkbook, create a resume, dress and conduct themselves properly for a job interview. IMO, the career counselors at most schools are just consuming valuable oxygen and providing no tangible benefits.

I understand there are some good, dedicated teachers and staff in places but their numbers have waned and continue to do so by the minute.

Thank God I was able to afford private HS for my daughter, class of '98 and then 4 years of a private university, class of '02...she graduated (Journalism and Communications) and has beeen constantly employed for 20 years in a great, steady job that she says she loves at a law office. We ARE blessed.
This is my son's plan, no public schooling for his future kids...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

As a parent and grandparent who has been paying to send kids to private schools and/or support homeschooling starting 40 years ago, I have two responses:

1) In principle, I fully agree. It's the right thing to do.
2) Doing the right thing will lead to its destruction, making it actually the wrong thing.

Expanding on point #2, the government supported private schooling will be attacked from a number of fronts:
1) Any time the government is involved in distributing money, it will leverage this to expand its power and eventually control every aspect of private schooling as it does now with the public schools.
2) Any time the government is involved in distributing money, lazy and dishonest people will find ways to misuse this money, leading to corruption of the system.
3) Because more money is available, private school costs will skyrocket. A repeat of what student loans did to college costs.
4) Private and home schooling is more successful now because those that pay for it are dedicated enough to make the financial sacrifice. The kids all have parents that care. Make the private schools cheap or free and they'll have the same demographic as the public schools.
5) Private school teachers also sacrifice by making less money than public school employees. If they weren't dedicated to the kids and their jobs, they wouldn't do it. Put all the money into the private schools and teaching there will be just another job with money more important than the kids.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As a parent and grandparent who has been paying to send kids to private schools and/or support homeschooling starting 40 years ago, I have two responses:

1) In principle, I fully agree. It's the right thing to do.
2) Doing the right thing will lead to its destruction, making it actually the wrong thing.

Expanding on point #2, the government supported private schooling will be attacked from a number of fronts:
1) Any time the government is involved in distributing money, it will leverage this to expand its power and eventually control every aspect of private schooling as it does now with the public schools.
2) Any time the government is involved in distributing money, lazy and dishonest people will find ways to misuse this money, leading to corruption of the system.
3) Because more money is available, private school costs will skyrocket. A repeat of what student loans did to college costs.
4) Private and home schooling is more successful now because those that pay for it are dedicated enough to make the financial sacrifice. The kids all have parents that care. Make the private schools cheap or free and they'll have the same demographic as the public schools.
5) Private school teachers also sacrifice by making less money than public school employees. If they weren't dedicated to the kids and their jobs, they wouldn't do it. Put all the money into the private schools and teaching there will be just another job with money more important than the kids.
Not to get off subject but I often wondered, while holding a dollar bill, how many times that dollar bill has been taxed? 100 times it's value, 1000 times? What has always got me is you buy a new car, pay full tax on the value of that car, you sell the car, new owner pays more taxes on the car, they sell the car, and more taxes again gets collected, then the car go to a Scrapyard and gets scrapped, Scrapyard has to pay (property) taxes to run the business to scrap the car and the employee who scraps the car has to pay income tax for the money he made to scrap the car, haha. I am sure I missing some more taxes in there somewhere, LOL