US Elections (& Politics) :)

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is my son's plan, no public schooling for his future kids...
We pulled our kids from government school in 2020.

No, we can't go on big vacations. Yes, my wife would like to get a nicer vehicle. Yes there are a lot of things we'd like to buy since we went to a private school.

But, knowing our kids are at a school who's values align with ours. Knowing the kids friends families all share similar values as we have is absolutely priceless.

Our children's education is worth way more than any vacation we may want to go on, or any other "stuff" we could buy.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A good start but, I think the possible future "home school" part of this should be under scrutiny as you know there will be some who decide "they will home school" their children but no doubt some will just pocket the money for the sake of getting their hands on money. It's about impossible to engineer projects for the truly dumb/criminal element of society who will figure out way to work the system.

As an Iowan I was happy to hear this at first, but I also worry about the repercussions down the road. I do think it'll get some kids out of bad schools and into better ones, but I also worry about what you said.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We pulled our kids from government school in 2020.

No, we can't go on big vacations. Yes, my wife would like to get a nicer vehicle. Yes there are a lot of things we'd like to buy since we went to a private school.

But, knowing our kids are at a school who's values align with ours. Knowing the kids friends families all share similar values as we have is absolutely priceless.

Our children's education is worth way more than any vacation we may want to go on, or any other "stuff" we could buy.
I commend ya'll as Great Parents. Only if more parents would put their kids education first before their desires. I truly believe God will reward you and your wife for this.