US Elections (& Politics) :)

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
6 months or so back Desantis was 1% ahead of Vivek for VP pick in Turning Point Action event. At the last month America Fest event the polls showed that Tucker and Vivek are neck and neck for the prefered VP at around 35% and Desantis dropped to like 8%. This was even before Colarado decided to remove Trump and Vivek challenged others to remove their name from the ballet.

Young generation are done with Desantis. There is a high chance he is going to be third in Iowa behind Trump and Vivek.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not to mention all the perks...

View attachment 181761
I sure as hell didn't make anywhere NEAR $174K for 15 years at ANY time...if I had you can bet I would have found a way to invest, have IRA's, 401K's, etc. so that I could maintain my lifestyle.....or cut back and live on the thin edge of bankruptcy like most of his constituents and 80% of the country does....especially the last 3-1/2 years.

Listen closely, boys and girls and you might hear the sound of the world's smallest violin playing for Rep. McHenry.....:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I sure as hell didn't make anywhere NEAR $174K for 15 years at ANY time...if I had you can bet I would have found a way to invest, have IRA's, 401K's, etc. so that I could maintain my lifestyle.....or cut back and live on the thin edge of bankruptcy like most of his constituents and 80% of the country does....especially the last 3-1/2 years.

Listen closely, boys and girls and you might hear the sound of the world'd smallest violin playing for Rep. McHenry.....:confused:

I agree! That is ENOUGH and probably TOO MUCH! I have so many opinions on this, that I don't have to the to put it all down. Just makes me sick how much these people make, while the majority of us WISH we made that much! Absolute rubbish!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Brandon's latest MRI......(oops) CT scan:

EDIT: Because MRI's and CT scans reveal soft tissue, this disproves the media's assertion that Brandon's brain is encased in bubblewrap to prevent damage to it when falling off bicycles or tripping and falling on stairs. I'll bet that little pea-brain works like a bell's clapper when he hits the turf...I'm surprised we haven't heard it. :lmao:

brandowns-brain.jpg

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Listen closely, boys and girls and you might hear the sound of the world'd smallest violin playing for Rep. McHenry.....:confused:
Don't they get free Healthcare too?

Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know a lot and am not sure about many things but I know this => These people and their ilk will have to answer to THE authority one day with the last word, our God in Heaven, for what they have done and what they have allowed to be done to innocent children. :confused:

Proverbs 6:16-19, KJV
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
His profile on X literally says " Policy guy | Classical Liberal"

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score

January 05, 2024

Good News Friday

Dear Patriots,

Remain confident and hopeful. This is the time to get strong and informed so we can weather the many fights we will have this year.

Keep your eye out for the good new, and the miracles.

Keep your sense of humor.

1- Many service people are riding to the rescue to save our military by holding it accountable for the harm caused during Covid-CCP..

American Greatness

Thousands of Active Service Members and Veterans Sign Open Letter Calling For Accountability From Military Leaders Over COVID Misconduct

QUOTE: Over 10,000 active duty service members and veterans have signed onto an open letter to the American people calling for military leaders to be held accountable for illegally forcing the COVID-19 injections on unwilling service members during the pandemic.
The signatories—who include both enlisted ranks and commissioned officers from the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines—accuse former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley and others of enabling "lawlessness and the unwilling experimentation on service members," leading to significant "moral and physical injuries," including death.
In their letter, they state that they "have exhausted all internal efforts to rectify recent criminal activity within the Armed Forces" and promise that they will take legal steps to stop the ongoing destruction of the military.The Department of Defense (DoD), according to the signatories, has failed "to fulfill the moral obligations upon which they were founded."
"While implementing the COVID-19 vaccine mandate, military leaders broke the law, trampled constitutional rights, denied informed consent, permitted unwilling medical experimentation, and suppressed the free exercise of religion," the service members stated.
The letter named names of the top brass whose "actions caused irreparable harm to the Armed Forces."
The signatories went on to note that "a significant number" of civil service leaders and political appointees also contributed to the "illegal activities," but as service members and veterans, they felt "particularly responsible for the DoD."
The signatories warned that the "once great" United States is headed toward "a precipitous implosion" due to the "acceleration of moral relativism."
"While all good things come to an end, we refuse to allow our nation to go quietly into the depths of decadence and decay," they declared. "We promise to exhaust all moral, ethical, and legal means to restore the rule of law and will begin by attempting to hold senior military leaders accountable. The Constitution is the supreme law of our land."
In conclusion, the service members and vets vowed to "fight to enforce that law and put an end to the two-tiered justice system" in hopes that "future generations see our efforts and, God willing, may they also be recipients of the great gift of liberty that we have had the honor of safeguarding."
You can read the entire "Open Letter to the American People from Signatories of this Declaration of Military Accountability" here.

2- There are still millions of people who need redress from onerous injection mandates, so we love to see the wins.

The Epoch Times

Hospital Worker Fired for Not Getting Mandated Influenza Vaccine Wins Payout

QUOTE: A health care system in Atlanta, Georgia, is paying a former worker after allegedly violating federal law when it denied his request to not receive an influenza vaccine, according to newly filed court documents.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) is paying DeMaurius Jackson, the worker it fired, $45,000, according to a consent decree signed by lawyers for the system and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
CHOA, which did not respond to a request for comment, is not admitting fault. But the system is also required under the decree to make significant changes to the way it handles exemption requests to its influenza vaccine mandate.
Mr. Jackson began working with CHOA as a maintenance system in May 2016. He converted to Judaism several months later, according to court documents.
Mr. Jackson faced harassment from his supervisor, who was quoted as telling Mr. Jackson that he was not a "real Jew." The supervisor even ordered pork for employee appreciation lunches over Mr. Jackson's objections. Mr. Jackson asked for religious exemption from the influenza vaccination policy in 2017 and 2018 and was granted exemptions in both years.
His request for another exemption in 2019 was denied. An appeal was rejected.
CHOA fired Mr. Jackson over his not receiving an influenza vaccine on Dec. 6, 2019.
Providing an exemption to Mr. Jackson would not have been an "undue burden" on CHOA, and the system illegally deprived Mr. Jackson of employment over his religion, according to the EEOC.

3- A big win in the battle for election integrity.

True the Vote

True the Vote Defeats Fair Fight, Stacy Abrams, Marc Elias, and the Biden Department of Justice in Landmark Election Case in Georgia Federal Court

QUOTE: True the Vote (TTV) declares a decisive triumph in their legal battle against Stacy Abrams' Fair Fight, legal teams led by Marc Elias, and the Biden Department of Justice. A federal court in the Northern District of Georgia today affirmed that citizens have the right to lawfully petition their government in support of election integrity without fear of persecution or prosecution.
In a resounding vindication, TTV successfully defended its actions of December 2020, aiding Georgia citizens in filing elector challenges based on data showing over 364,000 voters appeared to be ineligible to vote due to change in residency.
This victory is a testament to every American's constitutional right to free speech and the importance of actively participating in the electoral process.
True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht affirmed, "Today's ruling sends a clear message to those who would attempt to control the course of our nation through lawfare and intimidation. American citizens will not be silenced."
True the Vote lead attorney Jake Evans stated, "After almost three years of litigation and a two-week federal trial with plaintiff calling 12 witnesses, Judge Steven Jones awarded a complete defense verdict for all defendants. This decision is monumental. It vindicates True the Vote in totality and establishes that eligibility challenges under Section 230 are a proper method to ensure voter rolls are accurate. I am grateful to help achieve this great victory."
Engelbrecht added, "This is an answer to the prayers of faithful patriots across America."

4- Global leftist hide stories like this as they do not want anyone to get the notion that their draconian and crazy policies are not popular. There are many massive protests going on in Europe.

Follow Peter on Twitter (X) for current news and videos on the protests in Germany, Spain and other countries. @PeterSweden7

Peter Imanuelsen at Peter Sweden on Substack

IT'S SPREADING - Massive farmers protest in Germany

QUOTE: You might have heard about the farmers protest in the Netherlands. Farmers have been protesting against government plans to essentially SEIZE 3000 farms in order to meet 2030 climate goals.
Earlier this year I traveled to report on the farmers protest in the Netherlands. Some 10 000 people turned out. One of the speakers supporting the farmers was none other than Geert Wilders. He recently won the election in the country.
But there's more!
Now farmers in Germany are protesting, and it's barely being reported on the news. I couldn't find any international mainstream media reporting on this story. Farmers will no longer get tax breaks for diesel and they won't get an exemption from car tax for farming vehicles under the new plans.
They say that these new measures will help protect the climate.
Great idea. Let's make farming much more expensive, thus making food more expensive in the name of climate change!
Farmers are not happy about this, so they have been protesting. Last month some 40, 000 farmers blocked the streets of Berlin with an estimated 8 600 tractors - A 10 kilometre long convoy.
Without farmers, we don't have any food. One of the most important things for a country is to have a secure food supply. Now it seems like farmers are being attacked because they are deemed to be bad for the environment. It really doesn't make any sense.

5- We delight in watching the progress of the new President of Argentina. We pray there will soon be a story this positive about America.

Revolver News

Eighteen days into power, and Argentina's President Milei is bulldozing the globalists...

QUOTE: Less than three weeks ago, Argentina elected a populist to run their country. In just 18 days, President Javier Milei has secured so many victories that it's hard to keep track of all of them. One of his biggest and probably most important moves was purging thousands of Deep State operatives, something President Trump must address on day one of his new term.
The X account End Wokeness has a rundown at some of what he's accomplished in a short span of time.
18 days ago, President Javier Milei was inaugurated in Argentina. Since then:
-Eliminated 12 out of 21 cabinet posts
-Firing 5,000 government employees
-Ending 380k government regulations
-Banned woke language in the military
-Bill to affirm the right to self-defense
-Bill to legalize homeschooling of kids
-Proposal to punish all riot organizers
-Future welfare cuts for road-blocking
-Legalized paying contracts in bitcoin
-Privatization of state-run companies
-Opened up the Argentina oil industry
But that's not all; Milei's control of the northern border has wreaked havoc on the entire vulnerable Bolivian economy.
In other words, the entire Bolivian economy was based on smuggling subsidized goods from Argentina, and now the whole scam is collapsing.
What makes this so amusing is that liberals like to use Bolivia as a perfect example of the progressive agenda working wonders and producing positive outcomes. Instead, it has just become a perfect example of how everything they do fails.
In addition, Milei is also advocating for a type of "Second Amendment" in Argentina, something they currently don't have.
This move also comes on the heels of Milei banning the use of woke pronouns from government text and removing welfare benefits from anyone participating in street protests that block traffic.

6- Pray for divine intervention in the lives of all people.

Western Journalism

Fellowship Sees Over 51,000 Accept Jesus: 'Unmistakable Move of the Holy Spirit'

QUOTE: Older generations would do well to embrace humility by acknowledging that many, many young people give reason for hope.
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes — a student-athlete-focused sports ministry based in Kansas City, Missouri — announced this week that "51,730 people made faith decisions for Christ" at various FCA events in 2023.
At one recent FCA-sponsored gathering in Arkansas, the event's organizer described "an unmistakable move of the Holy Spirit."
Indeed, the Holy Spirit moved thousands over the last 12 months.
According to its end-of-year announcement, the FCA made a quantifiable impact beyond even "faith decisions for Christ."
That impact included 110,676 coaches and athletes who attended FCA Camps.
It also included 68,846 people who attended Oct. 11Fields of Faith events at 317 different locations. In most cases, worshipers gathered on high-school athletic fields to hear speakers and pray together.
To spread God's Word, the FCA also handed out 230,247 Bibles.

7- Dr. Mary Talley Bowden is a warrior. She is fighting to get elected people to pull all the Covid-CCP injections OFF the market. Check in with your representatives and ask them to add their names to this effort.

The Epoch Times

Grassroots Movement Calling on GOP Candidates to Disavow COVID-19 Vaccines Gains Momentum

QUOTE: A social media campaign calling on candidates in races across the country to pledge their support for pulling the COVID-19 vaccine off the market is gaining momentum, as the influence of pharmaceutical companies on elected officials continues to be a hot-button issue for candidates vying for political office.
Dr. Mary Talley Bowden, a practitioner in Texas and founder of Coalition of Health Freedom, began the movement last month in a Dec. 17 post on X, formerly Twitter, where she called on public officials and candidates in races across the country to make clear their positions on the controversial vaccines public.
"Let's replace the politicians who aren't protecting their constituents," Dr. Bowden wrote on her social media platform. "Ask your representatives ... publicly whether they stand with 17,000+ doctors to support pulling the Covid shots off the market."
Initially, Dr. Bowden found two supporters. Less than three weeks later, she has garnered pledges from 50 candidates and 39 elected officials from 20 different states, all of whom have joined the movement in disavowing the vaccine.
Dr. Bowden says it will ultimately be up to the public to decide the involvement, or lack of, elected officials will have with the pharmaceutical industry.
"The public can help by following and supporting the ones running for office on the list. They have chosen the politically risky—but ethical—move, adding their name to a list that spits in the face of the captured medical-industrial complex," said Dr. Bowden.
"Big Pharma spends more money than any other industry on bribing our politicians—we need to help the brave ones who can't be bought."

8- A rare uplifting story about a politician who solved problems for his citizens. Oh, if only there were more Elected Ones with this attitude and grace.

Salena Zito

A young mayors quixotic origins to run to save his dying Rust Belt city ends on the rare high note

QUOTE: EAST LIVERPOOL, Ohio — Come tomorrow, Gregory Bricker will no longer be the mayor of this Columbiana County city across the Ohio River from the edge of West Virginia panhandle and a couple of miles from the Pennsylvania state line, but the mark he has left in just four years will be felt for at least a generation.
In addition, several blocks in the downtown are being rehabbed, vacant and decaying buildings have been torn down, and a walking and bike trail is being built along the Ohio River. And a pickle ball court he had put in a few months ago with money he got from going around getting donations.
The Thompson Building rehab is a $2.1 million job, and the result of Bricker's dogged four-year pursuit of grant monies and getting four businesses to commit to opening in the building. It's "an example of what you can accomplish when you apply pressure," he said.
Public service to him meant getting things done. When people told him he couldn't develop the town, he wondered: "Is it that it can't be done or they just don't know how? I tried in every turn — whether it was tearing down the vacant buildings to attracting new businesses, especially restaurants, to the city center — to figure out the how."
Which makes Bricker's voluntary departure that much more astonishing. It's not often one finds a young, ambitious person who exceeds expectations in politics and governing, and then decides to walk away from a life in politics.
"Public service is about serving your community; it is not — nor should it ever be — about serving yourself and your ambitions," said Bricker. He was courted to run for several higher offices in Ohio but turned them down.
It is also not often that I get to report a story I've covered from its quixotic origins to its successful ending.
In the four years since he started going door to door to ask voters for their vote, he and his wife Katie have had two children; he bought the family diner in the center of town, but kept his own CPA businesses going; and has not just brought millions of dollars to his hometown, he's also left it a better place.
"That is what public service should be about," he said, adding: "I am leaving on a high note, and that is enough for me."

9- WHAT? Something beat Taylor Swift? Christians made some headway into the Hollywood culture last year by proving that goodness and truth in movies is a winning ticket.

Daily Wire

'Sound of Freedom' Beats Taylor Swift To Finish In Top Ten At 2023 Domestic Box Office

QUOTE: "Sound of Freedom" beat out Taylor Swift's "The Eras Tour" movie to finish in the top ten of 2023 box office tallies domestically.
The independent film from Angel Studios, which deals with the horrors of human trafficking, made it into the top ten grossing films of the year domestically after earning $184,177,725 by the end of the year, Christian Headlines reported.It just edged out Swift's concert film which landed in the 11th spot after it scored $179,635,196, per Box Office Mojo.
"Sound of Freedom" is based on a true story of Tim Ballard — played by actor Jim Caviezel — a federal agent who quits his job and embarks on a dangerous mission to rescue a young girl from sex slavery in South America. Producer Eduardo Verastegui put his life on hold over the last eight years into making the film.
"I put my life in this movie because this movie is bigger than ourselves," Verastegui said."I was praying to God for an angel to come and rescue this film," he added. "And what are the odds that from all the studios, the one that picked this movie is called Angel Studios?"

KEEP praying and KEEP sharing the truth.

Hold Fast,

Defending The Republic

Questions - or for Subscriptions to This Newsletter?

editor@defendingtherepublic.org

Support DTR / Join Our Fight

To have confidence in the outcome of an election, we must demand (1) real paper ballots, (2) hand counted in a bipartisan transparent process, and (3) citizen voter ID.

Follow Our Progress on Social Media:

For a complete list of all DTR social media, go to our Website - DefendingTheRepublic.org

NOTE:
Defending The Republic, Inc. is a §501(c)(4) non-profit organization, gifts to which are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.

This email was sent by Defending The Republic, located at 2911 Turtle Creek - Suite 300; Dallas, Texas 75219 (United States).

To Unlist: please click here OR reply to this email with "unlist" in the Subject line.