USA Equivalent Model number for IPC-HDW5231R-Z ?

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a USA Equivalent Model number for IPC-HDW5231R-Z ?

In the US Dahua Catalog there are only 3 Starlight Turret models that I can find. N224BG52, N51B122 & N51B123.

Also I would like to thank members who keep pushing Dahua. Cant wait for side by side comparisons with the HikVision & Vivotek.

M

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for making reference to the 2018 US Dahua catalog, I hadn't seen it before:
http://us.dahuasecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018-Dahua-Technology-Full-Product-Catalog-web.pdf

I am glad that it explains what they're doing with the term Starlight, because IMO they're using it with US camera models that do not perform as well as International Starlight camera models.

Dahua US:
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 10.58.11 AM.png

Nice to see that the 2MP International Starlight models that most folks here have fall into the Dahua US "enhanced Starlight Technology for professional applications" sub-designation. Is this what they mean by Starlight:Best? :)

Here's a professional review of a Dahua US 5MP "Starlight" dome. Dahua US' description above puts it in their "cost effective, basic version of Starlight" sub-designation. Is this what they mean by Starlight:Good? Ugh

We (IPVM) tested the 5MP varifocal stralight model (same series, same sensor) and it tested quite poorly. Unlocked here - Dahua 5MP Starlight Camera Tested (N52BM3Z)
Back to your original question... with Andy @EMPIRETECANDY having mentioned that he won't be able to buy the 5231R-Z for much longer, my *guess* is that it's being EOL'ed... and if that's right, it wouldn't make sense to introduce an EOL model to the US market. Maybe the 5231R-ZE will make it over here one day.

Regarding Hikvision, someone has already posted a 5231R-Z compared to a Hik Ultra-Low Light model review somewhere on the Hik forum here, IIRC.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There was no varifocal turret 1080 starlight for the us market...

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great info so to be concise... There is no equivalent camera. Which is fine, because you members found a niche in the market with the IPC-HDW5231R-Z. Nice !!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Great info so to be concise... There is no equivalent camera. Which is fine, because you members found a niche in the market with the IPC-HDW5231R-Z. Nice !!
US models DAHUA changed a bit now to stop the international models enter into US, and sell 3-4 times price than the international english models, lol. Easy to know from the specifications.