USB Camera no Signal

Gerald

n3wb
Reaction score
I have blue IRIS running on my computer one of the cameras it has for a feed is a local USB camera on this computer. Has been working great for the longest time now all of a sudden it has stopped working. I can't figure out why and what to do about it. Below is the what the screen says for the camera. Tried to google solutions and here but came up dry. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

upload_2017-11-13_19-45-25.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Obvious things to try: unplugging camera plugging it back in, reboot computer, check windows device manager, try camera's own software / other software on pc (exit blue iris first).

Gerald

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried all of that. I can use the camera just fine with the Windows 10 camera software and like I said, it was working and then stopped. I have even turned off all firewall settings just to make sure that was not in the way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried all of that. I can use the camera just fine with the Windows 10 camera software and like I said, it was working and then stopped. I have even turned off all firewall settings just to make sure that was not in the way.
did you recently update blue iris? if so roll back

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too have this problem, unplugged, rebooted, uninstalled driver, reinstalled driver, changed usb post, still wont work. Running update64 v4.6.4.11.

dwfj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also had this problem. USB cam worked well for quite awhile. It has recently been inactive due to house renovations, then I activated it again a couple of days ago and noticed that the clips window would show the camera view with no recorded size (00) any time it was triggered. I disabled D-T-D recording and now it is working. Don't know what happened to cause this.

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a problem today where my USB camera would show No Signal in Blue Iris and the ON light on the camera would not light up. I went into Windows Camera app and the camera was available and working fine there. Also, whenever I disabled the USB camera in Blue Iris a different camera in the same Group would lose signal in Blue Iris.

I ended up deleting the camera in Blue Iris and adding it back and it is again working in Blue Iris. I am on version 4.6.4.11 x64.

Pete Leare

n3wb
Reaction score
I have blue IRIS running on my computer one of the cameras it has for a feed is a local USB camera on this computer. Has been working great for the longest time now all of a sudden it has stopped working. I can't figure out why and what to do about it. Below is the what the screen says for the camera. Tried to google solutions and here but came up dry. Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

View attachment 23569
I have this exact problem also and have tried almost everything to correct it with no luck (so far). The camera (Logitech C310) works perfectly in other programs such as Windows Movie Maker and Logitech's own software, so I know the camera, cable, USB port etc work fine.
It seems that when using it in BI, there is no power to the camera as the light will not come on - but does in the other programs. This camera had been working fine in BI for years, but only recently stopped. I am running release; 4.6.4.12 x64 which is the latest, but have no idea what release I was running before the issue, although I can see the last good recording date, so I will try and roll back to the release just prior to that and see if that works.
I'll update the forum if I get some joy!

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this exact problem also and have tried almost everything to correct it with no luck (so far). The camera (Logitech C310) works perfectly in other programs such as Windows Movie Maker and Logitech's own software, so I know the camera, cable, USB port etc work fine.
It seems that when using it in BI, there is no power to the camera as the light will not come on - but does in the other programs. This camera had been working fine in BI for years, but only recently stopped. I am running release; 4.6.4.12 x64 which is the latest, but have no idea what release I was running before the issue, although I can see the last good recording date, so I will try and roll back to the release just prior to that and see if that works.
I'll update the forum if I get some joy!
Have you tried deleting that camera from Blue Iris and then adding it back? That worked for me with the same problem. I had to add the camera back "from scratch", not by importing saved camera specs.

Pete Leare

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting that camera from Blue Iris and then adding it back? That worked for me with the same problem. I had to add the camera back "from scratch", not by importing saved camera specs.
Thanks for your help srglassw.... yes, I have done that several times with the same result. I do not have any reg files for this camera anyway so have had to install from scratch each time I tried something.
One thing I forgot to mention is that although the camera 'green led' is not on in BI (but is in other apps) and it seems dead, the (gray) display does change from the no image error to 'no camera detected' when I unplug it so it does appear that BI at least recognizes that a camera is plugged in...
I will try to roll back the SW later this evening when I get home from work.. Cheers!

Last edited:

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have several IP cameras and two Logitech C270 USB webcams. they have worked fine for years then a couple of months ago they decided to stop working. I have done all the usual things many times over 8 weeks. The only thing which worked was delete and add new camera which worked for all of 2 minutes before the newly added camera also disappeared. I have no idea what USB controllers I have but obviously I have tried moving the usb plugs to different sockets, including USB 3 set which was added after the PC was built. So far nothing will bring by my USB cameras but they work fine in windows camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I have several IP cameras and two Logitech C270 USB webcams. they have worked fine for years then a couple of months ago they decided to stop working. I have done all the usual things many times over 8 weeks. The only thing which worked was delete and add new camera which worked for all of 2 minutes before the newly added camera also disappeared. I have no idea what USB controllers I have but obviously I have tried moving the usb plugs to different sockets, including USB 3 set which was added after the PC was built. So far nothing will bring by my USB cameras but they work fine in windows camera.
This is 5 year old thread so responses may be limited.

You might give @wakeb1080 's suggestion a try, here ==>> win10 Logitech 9000 usb webcam in blueiris

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Perhaps the Logictech built in obsolescence. Sales needs sales. if it never dies logictech cant sell more cameras.

Bigg1es

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks [B]Flintstone61[/B], I only needed your reply, the suggestion in the Link that it was an audio setting was spot on. Both Logitechs now working. For anyone else arriving at this old thread through Google fix is - camera settings, audio then select Other Direct Show device and choose your webcam. Alternatively turn off audio. I had to do one of each to get both my cameras working.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks [B]Flintstone61[/B], I only needed your reply, the suggestion in the Link that it was an audio setting was spot on. Both Logitechs now working. For anyone else arriving at this old thread through Google fix is - camera settings, audio then select Other Direct Show device and choose your webcam. Alternatively turn off audio. I had to do one of each to get both my cameras working.
Glad I could help! :cool:

Last edited: