Use Blueiris Client for internal LAN viewing

Reaction score
Hello,

I have Blueiris installed on a computer on my home LAN. Can I use another computer, install the Blueiris client and then view those cameras on my LAN? Or can the cameras only be viewed from the Blueiris client on the one "master" computer DVR? I understand you can view the cameras via a web browser while connecting to the IP of the Blueiris computer/DVR, but it doesnt offer the same functionality as the full client. Is this possible?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have Blueiris installed on a computer on my home LAN. Can I use another computer, install the Blueiris client and then view those cameras on my LAN? Or can the cameras only be viewed from the Blueiris client on the one "master" computer DVR? I understand you can view the cameras via a web browser while connecting to the IP of the Blueiris computer/DVR, but it doesnt offer the same functionality as the full client. Is this possible?

Thanks!
There is no standalone client... however, the release notes indicate that it is planned..

Wen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have BI on a dedicated tower computer that's in my office downstairs. I remote into it with Chrome Remote Desktop and have full access to the BI application.

I can also remote into the BI application when traveling using the same method.

Works a treat.

loglobal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BI on a dedicated tower computer that's in my office downstairs. I remote into it with Chrome Remote Desktop and have full access to the BI application.

I can also remote into the BI application when traveling using the same method.

Works a treat.
Fascinating! Is this a better solution than using Remote Desktop, which is built into Windows? I will have a system up and running in about a week, and I am facing a similar situation by which I will need to view the cams locally...in a situation where the BI computer will be in the IT closet.

tatanka

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm new here, but here's another solution...

I run BI on my main 24/7 desktop machine at home. For remote access, I use an Android app on my smartphone called "IP Cam Viewer." This app doesn't even require BI -- it talks directly to the cameras and gives you full remote control, etc. Caveat: you do have to set up all the port forwarding stuff.

This all works seamlessly -- you can leave BI running on your PC to do all the recording stuff, and use your smartphone as a "go anywhere" remote control. It works on your local WiFi as well as the cell network, so you can even control the cameras when you're on the run.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm new here, but here's another solution...

I run BI on my main 24/7 desktop machine at home. For remote access, I use an Android app on my smartphone called "IP Cam Viewer." This app doesn't even require BI -- it talks directly to the cameras and gives you full remote control, etc. Caveat: you do have to set up all the port forwarding stuff.

This all works seamlessly -- you can leave BI running on your PC to do all the recording stuff, and use your smartphone as a "go anywhere" remote control. It works on your local WiFi as well as the cell network, so you can even control the cameras when you're on the run.
Welcome to the forum..the OP is seeking a full client not simply live view...The blue iris mobile app does provide lots of control but not full control...ip cam viewer simply allows live viewing, not even recorded view...Note that port forwarding cameras is not secure...you are opening your network up to serious issues.

wilric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BI running in our company and we have one other computer used for viewing only, i have purchased a second copy of BI for that computer as a discount price of $30.00 this gives that computer complete control of everything but it doesn't allow access to the recordings on the main BI computer.

loglobal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BI running in our company and we have one other computer used for viewing only, i have purchased a second copy of BI for that computer as a discount price of $30.00 this gives that computer complete control of everything but it doesn't allow access to the recordings on the main BI computer.
That requires that both the cameras and the computer be on the same network / vlan / subnet / whatever it is. Is this not to be avoided for security and bandwidth reasons?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That requires that both the cameras and the computer be on the same network / vlan / subnet / whatever it is. Is this not to be avoided for security and bandwidth reasons?
What security or bandwidth issues?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
At least that was my understanding. Now I am confused. Should I put my cameras and BI computer on the same network as the rest of the office?
that is a completely different issue than using a second pc..if you wish to separate the networks then you can have the second pc on that new vlan...there is no bandwidth issue on a gigabit network.