Username / Password change

Phoneman79

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newguy to BI and have earned the responsibility of managing my supervisors security cameras. She wants to change the username and password to her BI login and I wanted to check with you guys to see if I need to change all cameras to this new login or if the BI login is all I need. Our last admin has left the company and we need to make some changes. Thanks Guys!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a newguy to BI and have earned the responsibility of managing my supervisors security cameras. She wants to change the username and password to her BI login and I wanted to check with you guys to see if I need to change all cameras to this new login or if the BI login is all I need. Our last admin has left the company and we need to make some changes. Thanks Guys!
go to blue iris options>users and change the passwords for each user...no need to change the camera passwords-unless the cameras were port forwarded as well, which they should not have been.

Phoneman79

n3wb
Reaction score
I have read several posts on here and generally see you responding. I hoped you would chime in and give me an answer. Thanks so much!

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm new to BI as well but as I understand it the camera login credentials are separete from BI. In other words whatever username and password changes you make for the BI interface has nothing to do with the cameras. If you start changing usernames and passwords for the cameras, you would have to make those changes in BI for each camera.

Not sure if that helps from one noob to another it's the best I can do.

oops like I waited too long to respond before fenderman swooped in to save the day. :eek:nthego:

Phoneman79

n3wb
Reaction score
Networker, Thanks buddy! I appreciate both you guys responding. I am fresh as a steaming turd to this. I'm gonna need some help and glad I found this forum!