Using Blue Iris with a remote P2P Cam

jpops

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just installed an eval copy of BI to my windows server and have a hard wired poe reolink 410. this is working great (albeit with high cpu usage?), however I have a P2P cam at another property I want to monitor from this server. I can access this cam no problem from an IOS app, but cant figure out how to add the UID? BI just seems to want an IP address which I'm having difficulty finding for WAN setup
Any Suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just installed an eval copy of BI to my windows server and have a hard wired poe reolink 410. this is working great (albeit with high cpu usage?), however I have a P2P cam at another property I want to monitor from this server. I can access this cam no problem from an IOS app, but cant figure out how to add the UID? BI just seems to want an IP address which I'm having difficulty finding for WAN setup
Any Suggestions?
1) reolink and garbage and has issues with blue iris since they refuse to properly update their firmware, search reolink
2) high cpu usage is likely the result of not enabling direct to disk recording (requires licensed version will not function in demo).
3) you will need an ip address..you will have to port forward (not secure) or properly setup a vpn.

jpops

n3wb
Reaction score
So there is no way of integrating the P2P feature of the cam into BlueIris then? Would seem an easier way to connect these cameras up without all the config hassle?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So there is no way of integrating the P2P feature of the cam into BlueIris then? Would seem an easier way to connect these cameras up without all the config hassle?
p2p is specific to manufacture apps...it will not work with any third party applications..
Using p2p is not secure and you put your trust in the manufacture which no sane person should do.