Using Profile to Change Camera Position V5.06

acat

n3wb
Reaction score
I have set up a Preset Schedule called Day_Night to move one of my two PZT cameras to a different position at sundown and move it back to the old position after sunrise. At least, that's the goal. So The default Profile, "Active" (#1) is the daytime orientation, and another Profile, "Night" #3 is supposed to move the camera to it's night time position. The Day_Night Preset Schedule is drawn as you might imagine around sunrise and sundown. What has eluded me so far is actually getting the darn camera to move!

What I have done is gone to the camera and set up a PTZ Preset manually and "un-selected" all the profiles except "Night", #3 assuming that would just force the camera to that position. Frankly I can't see another way to do it. So far it hasn't worked. Nothing happens at all. I did discover the hard way that at least part of my problem was editing the "Name/Value" within"PTZ/Control" for the camera, as that seemed to destroy the preset; I'm using a Sunba camera. Deleting the name and returning the number to the box retrieved the position information.

One last question: Is there simpler software out there? I have been using this software for my modest purposes, but it is just too darn hard to use IMHO. The new version seems even more difficult to use than V4 where you could at least test your profile by selecting the button. Perhaps instead of a cheaper version that supports one camera, a simpler version is a good idea.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have set up a Preset Schedule called Day_Night to move one of my two PZT cameras to a different position at sundown and move it back to the old position after sunrise. At least, that's the goal. So The default Profile, "Active" (#1) is the daytime orientation, and another Profile, "Night" #3 is supposed to move the camera to it's night time position. The Day_Night Preset Schedule is drawn as you might imagine around sunrise and sundown. What has eluded me so far is actually getting the darn camera to move!

What I have done is gone to the camera and set up a PTZ Preset manually and "un-selected" all the profiles except "Night", #3 assuming that would just force the camera to that position. Frankly I can't see another way to do it. So far it hasn't worked. Nothing happens at all. I did discover the hard way that at least part of my problem was editing the "Name/Value" within"PTZ/Control" for the camera, as that seemed to destroy the preset; I'm using a Sunba camera. Deleting the name and returning the number to the box retrieved the position information.

One last question: Is there simpler software out there? I have been using this software for my modest purposes, but it is just too darn hard to use IMHO. The new version seems even more difficult to use than V4 where you could at least test your profile by selecting the button. Perhaps instead of a cheaper version that supports one camera, a simpler version is a good idea.
The thread has been moved.
If you want to change the profile to test, you dont unselect profiles, you simply change the active profile on the top dropdown.
You want a simply software that can do complex actions like the ones you wish to do? Make up your mind.
The software is very easy to use if you take a few minuets and actually read the help file which has been completely reworked in v5. V5 is far superior to v4.
If you want simply look at ring and nest cameras. They require you to do no reading of any manual.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a simple process.

Go to camera setting and select schedule and then at bottom right select Event schedule:

1591229048111.png

Then from even schedule add the sunrise and sunset PTZ preset number you want:

1591229101844.png

acat

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very much for pointing out the "event schedule" within the Camera Settings. I had seen this and set it up, but was confused because one can select the Profiles under the "auto-cycle" section of "PTZ/Control". Within each numbered control you can use "On Call" to send codes to the camera, so there is some redundancy here. I'm supposing this latter feature may allow the camera to travel among various PTZ positions??? From my position of moving the camera, it seems as if the REAL scheduling is done within this "event schedule" buried within the camera settings. I also had this wild, crazy and zany idea that you could/should do stuff in the "Schedules" tab of the "Blue Iris Settings" where you could paint your schedule. Silly me.

And who in God's name thought of numbering the presets both ZERO to whatever under the # column of the PTZ presets and also 1 to whatever under the "Name/value" column (and having the buttons numbered 1-10 on the Main Page), with the Name/values actually being sent to the camera. Took me quite a while to sort that one out. I kept loosing my presets by putting text there, when I should have been concentrating on the "event schedule"