Using ZOSI NVR with BI - previous post said it was possible, need some steps to clarify

Croga

n3wb
Reaction score
The post below is from Linking cameras on a Dedicated NVR to Blue Iris
I am trying to follow the steps but am confused. Can someone clarify? Also, the link for ONVIF device manager is not working. I found it at another site, but I dont understand how you "install it on the BI server"?? If anyone can clean the instructions below I would be appreciated. thanks.

I finally figured it out after Support telling me that I could not add my NVR system to Blue Iris. Here is how I did it.

Zosi NVR IPC Camera Setup with Blue Iris.

You will need the following:

• The application ONVIF manager, a free must-have utility for this project.
  • The Zosi NVR IPC system.
  • Blue Iris installed on a PC.

Steps:

1. Zosi uses 192.168.138.xxx to hard code the IP addresses of the cameras to the NVR server. So we need to be sure that the PC running BI has access to this network.
2. On your PC with Blue Iris, on the network card please, add a 192.168.138.xxx IP address in the Advanced IP settings with the default subnet.
3. From the Zosi NVR main menu screen access – Setup – Network to check if you enabled the “Obtain an IP Address Automatically”. If yes, please uncheck it.
4. Please return to the main menu, click “IPC Channel Config”, select the cameras, then delete them.
5. Click the search icon, the NVR will start to search the IPC which is in the same network segment with NVR.
6. You should see the list of IP addresses per camera installed.
7. Copy the list of IPs.

ONVIF Device Manager
8. Download the ONVIF Device Manager application and install it on the BI server -
9. Open the application and manually enter the Cameras' IPs from the NVR.
10. Once the IP is found, locate that device and in the Identification link, see the URL that will have the link you need to input in BI. Eg:

Blue Iris Server.
11. Access Blue Iris select " Add a camera".
12. Give it a name and Select Network IP for a type.
13. In the next window, paste the URL above and in the Discovery/OVNIF port, change the 8999 to 8080.
14. If you have changed the admin credentials on the NVR, please be sure to enter those and add the camera.

This took a while, but I am so glad it worked. I can record on both the NVR and Blue IRis at the same time and now I need to find out how to access my Blue Iris via a mobile App.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks.
Nick

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The post below is from Linking cameras on a Dedicated NVR to Blue Iris
I am trying to follow the steps but am confused. Can someone clarify? Also, the link for ONVIF device manager is not working. I found it at another site, but I dont understand how you "install it on the BI server"?? If anyone can clean the instructions below I would be appreciated. thanks.

I finally figured it out after Support telling me that I could not add my NVR system to Blue Iris. Here is how I did it.

Zosi NVR IPC Camera Setup with Blue Iris.

You will need the following:

• The application ONVIF manager, a free must-have utility for this project.
  • The Zosi NVR IPC system.
  • Blue Iris installed on a PC.

Steps:

1. Zosi uses 192.168.138.xxx to hard code the IP addresses of the cameras to the NVR server. So we need to be sure that the PC running BI has access to this network.
2. On your PC with Blue Iris, on the network card please, add a 192.168.138.xxx IP address in the Advanced IP settings with the default subnet.
3. From the Zosi NVR main menu screen access – Setup – Network to check if you enabled the “Obtain an IP Address Automatically”. If yes, please uncheck it.
4. Please return to the main menu, click “IPC Channel Config”, select the cameras, then delete them.
5. Click the search icon, the NVR will start to search the IPC which is in the same network segment with NVR.
6. You should see the list of IP addresses per camera installed.
7. Copy the list of IPs.

ONVIF Device Manager
8. Download the ONVIF Device Manager application and install it on the BI server -
9. Open the application and manually enter the Cameras' IPs from the NVR.
10. Once the IP is found, locate that device and in the Identification link, see the URL that will have the link you need to input in BI. Eg:

Blue Iris Server.
11. Access Blue Iris select " Add a camera".
12. Give it a name and Select Network IP for a type.
13. In the next window, paste the URL above and in the Discovery/OVNIF port, change the 8999 to 8080.
14. If you have changed the admin credentials on the NVR, please be sure to enter those and add the camera.

This took a while, but I am so glad it worked. I can record on both the NVR and Blue IRis at the same time and now I need to find out how to access my Blue Iris via a mobile App.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Thanks.
Nick
Thanks Nick @Croga

Croga

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. So I am running ONVIF app standalone and was able to get the Ip address from the IPC Channel Config from the NVR. I am getting an error in ONVIF that it cannot find the address. The NVR is plugged into the wireless ARRIS Router and plugged into my PC. Should the set up be different? Thanks.

I still dont know what it means to install this on the BI server?