V5.3.0 Downgrade failed

Shellme

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
There I have a new Hikvision IP cameras
DS-2CD2532F-IS
V5.3.0

I tried using the TFP tool @whoslooking firmware display "Device[192.0.0.64] system update completed!", Has successfully downgraded to V5.2.5, but when I log in the web interface when the display is still in Chinese

I'm sure steps are not wrong, I tried several times still is.
Is firmware has expired, do not apply in the latest production of the camera?

I downloaded an English version of the V5.3.0 firmware from Hikvision. http: //www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php dir =?
Use HIKTOOLS change his region
"hiktools05R1 lang dgicap.dav 2"
Using TFTP, This seems to have failed ,only.
"Completed file [E: \ TFTP \ digicap.dav] transmit"

What I can do?

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, your now on 5.2.5 just do the mtd hack for the 5.2.5 camera and all will become English.

What is the build date of the Camera?

Shellme

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, your now on 5.2.5 just do the mtd hack for the 5.2.5 camera and all will become English.

What is the build date of the Camera?
Hack MTD, it's very difficult for me, I'm not quite understand.
From the serial number of the camera, I see that his production date is 2015/07/23

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As normal after this was made public Hik made some changes to the firmware not much but enough to stop the full downgrade process from happening, I'm unable correct the language not loading to the newer release, as I don't yet have a build from 07/2015. I am unable to see what is different to correct the downgrade firmware for the newer builds.
That said new camera's are on the way from Ali Express with 5.3.0 and 5.3.3 multi language firmwares.

The easy way to downgrade is still via my downgrader then do the mtd 5.2.5 hack.

Last edited by a moderator:

hansik377

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if I missed something, but I obtained a firmware from an AE seller that changed my 2432F-IW from 5.3 to 5.25, just by updating using browser.
If you're interested: www.4me2.com/hik/digicap.dav
still chinese though

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So does the downgrader using the web update,

Some people have reported, that once you have downgraded you can then use the tftp to loaded 5.16 (I have not tested this.

I recommend doing the mtd hack after the downgrade, this will make you English