Version 4.1.2

Reaction score
This release is packed with some powerful new features added as direct requests from customers. *Keep them coming!
The post Version 4.1.2 appeared first on Blue Iris.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is there a change log posted somewhere that actually documents "powerful new features added" etc? that would help me decide if I want to risk another upgrade.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
is there a change log posted somewhere that actually documents "powerful new features added" etc? that would help me decide if I want to risk another upgrade.
From the whats new in the help file
4.1.2 - July 29, 2015

• You may specify a custom URL and optional HTTP POST data to associate with any PTZ preset button. This opens a very powerful interface out of the software to send control messages to other software or devices on your network or anywhere on the Internet.
  • The clip auto-protect checkbox on the Record tab has become a drop-list with 3 settings: No, All, and now "If triggered." The "if triggered" setting is especially interesting if you combine it with continuous recording and short clip durations.
  • The auto-cycle options have been expanded on Options/Cameras. You may now choose to auto-cycle only when full-screen, and only when triggered or sensing motion. Also (and now on by default) you may choose to auto-solo the selected camera during the cycle. Further, the cycle will more quickly switch to a triggered camera if you choose the option to favor triggered cameras.
  • The two solo-camera buttons for the camera window and clips window have been decoupled. Previously using the camera window solo button also caused the clips list to be filtered.
  • Now, mapped drive letters are converted to their UNC equivalents on the Options/Clips page only if you are running as a service. Generally, mapped drive letters will be unrecognized while running as a service.
  • The email server configuration window now allows you to select to send all email messages with HTML format instead of text for compatibility with some external systems. HTML format is already automatically used in conjunction with inline JPEG images.
  • The option to limit remote clips to only those from enabled cameras has been moved from Options/Web server to the individual user configuration on Options/Users.
  • A new option on Options/Web server allows you to log each time the web server receives a connection, regardless of whether there was a successful login. Note that if your IP is being scanned this may result in a large number of log entries, but it may alert you to addresses ranges you may wish to completely block through a firewall.
  • An iOS client app update has been submitted which is 64-bit and supports Touch ID

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Once again, Fenderman, you are THE MAN! Thx so much!

From the whats new in the help file
4.1.2 - July 29, 2015

• You may specify a custom URL and optional HTTP POST data to associate with any PTZ preset button. This opens a very powerful interface out of the software to send control messages to other software or devices on your network or anywhere on the Internet.
  • The clip auto-protect checkbox on the Record tab has become a drop-list with 3 settings: No, All, and now "If triggered." The "if triggered" setting is especially interesting if you combine it with continuous recording and short clip durations.
  • The auto-cycle options have been expanded on Options/Cameras. You may now choose to auto-cycle only when full-screen, and only when triggered or sensing motion. Also (and now on by default) you may choose to auto-solo the selected camera during the cycle. Further, the cycle will more quickly switch to a triggered camera if you choose the option to favor triggered cameras.
  • The two solo-camera buttons for the camera window and clips window have been decoupled. Previously using the camera window solo button also caused the clips list to be filtered.
  • Now, mapped drive letters are converted to their UNC equivalents on the Options/Clips page only if you are running as a service. Generally, mapped drive letters will be unrecognized while running as a service.
  • The email server configuration window now allows you to select to send all email messages with HTML format instead of text for compatibility with some external systems. HTML format is already automatically used in conjunction with inline JPEG images.
  • The option to limit remote clips to only those from enabled cameras has been moved from Options/Web server to the individual user configuration on Options/Users.
  • A new option on Options/Web server allows you to log each time the web server receives a connection, regardless of whether there was a successful login. Note that if your IP is being scanned this may result in a large number of log entries, but it may alert you to addresses ranges you may wish to completely block through a firewall.
  • An iOS client app update has been submitted which is 64-bit and supports Touch ID

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The new autocyle option is great. I can now push triggered cameras to the 1up view (if you have 1 camera that is given more screen real estate) or full screen view..when the trigger is over it pops right back to normal.

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The new autocyle option is great. I can now push triggered cameras to the 1up view (if you have 1 camera that is given more screen real estate) or full screen view..when the trigger is over it pops right back to normal.
Nice to have those updates. I installed Windows 10 and lost my registration and all the cameras. After registering again.. got the cameras back but now can connect via remote browser or Iphone app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to have those updates. I installed Windows 10 and lost my registration and all the cameras. After registering again.. got the cameras back but now can connect via remote browser or Iphone app.
Check the firewall

Sent via Taptalk

hodapper

n3wb
Reaction score
Check the firewall

Sent via Taptalk
I have also installed Windows 10 and it also lost all registration. It is also now consuming 25% CPU when before the upgrade 5%. It is also locking up the server when I use the PTZ buttons. Anyone else having W10 issues with BI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have also installed Windows 10 and it also lost all registration. It is also now consuming 25% memory when before the upgrade 5%. It is also locking up the server when I use the PTZ buttons. Anyone else having W10 issues with BI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
had to re register as well, also had to switch it to running as a service to get the startup to work right (was originally using task scheduler in win7), otherwise its working the same as before.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also have the problem with registration after upgrade. However, when I enter my reg key, the NEXT button is grayed out. Now my security system is dead in the water. PLEASE HELP!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I also have the problem with registration after upgrade. However, when I enter my reg key, the NEXT button is grayed out. Now my security system is dead in the water. PLEASE HELP!
You must be entering it incorrectly....double check the code..try it with the dashes...
Do you have a code for v3 or v4?

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Version 4. I tried both ways. The Next button never activates.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Others are reporting that an update to the Win10 machine and reboot was needed before next button was working.