Version 5.0.5.0 - live view frozen

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I noticed an update was available yesterday. Now all of the cameras images are static (except for a few that are offline due to wifi connectivity issues). UI3 works in live view and Recordings and clips are occurring normally.
As far as I know, it was working before the update.
This is a new install of Windows 10 on an SSD and the two 3TB drives are connected via a Perc h310 controller in jbod.
The server is an old Dell Precision with a Xeon e5 1620, 16gb ram, Quadro 600. Until yesterday, I had it set on Nvidia hardware decoding despite seeing a log message about that not working. I set it to None in the Settings menu but that didn't change anything.

I reported this to BI support last night. O thought I would see if anyone else is seeing this issue.
Thanks,
John

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Ken kindly asked if the pause button on the top right was clicked. It was. Sigh. It's embarrassing being the "user error"...

All set now that I un paused

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Ken kindly asked if the pause button on the top right was clicked. It was. Sigh. It's embarrassing being the "user error"...

All set now that I un paused
There have been several threads with this issue. You may want to suggest that he implement a pause icon over the feed so its obvious.

Mikk36

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I noticed an update was available yesterday. Now all of the cameras images are static (except for a few that are offline due to wifi connectivity issues). UI3 works in live view and Recordings and clips are occurring normally.
As far as I know, it was working before the update.
This is a new install of Windows 10 on an SSD and the two 3TB drives are connected via a Perc h310 controller in jbod.
The server is an old Dell Precision with a Xeon e5 1620, 16gb ram, Quadro 600. Until yesterday, I had it set on Nvidia hardware decoding despite seeing a log message about that not working. I set it to None in the Settings menu but that didn't change anything.

I reported this to BI support last night. O thought I would see if anyone else is seeing this issue.
Thanks,
John
Quadro 600 definitely doesn't support decoding the video streams, it's a very old card dating back to 2010.
What's mysterious is why you still have static image after setting it to "None". Is this after doing a reboot of BI?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
frankred - if I saw this thread sooner it would've been the first thing I would've suggested.

It also got me for about 5 seconds until I noticed the red pause button.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks all. Ken got me fixed up. There is a pause button on the top of the screen I was overlooking. I will suggest to Ken that he make the pause button easier for oblivious users like myself to notice.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks all. Ken got me fixed up. There is a pause button on the top of the screen I was overlooking. I will suggest to Ken that he make the pause button easier for oblivious users like myself to notice.
You are not the only one. A simple pause icon overlay would fix it or small writing on screen saying "paused activated - hit || pause button in upper right hand corner to unpause"

Last edited:

Mikk36

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Indeed, overlay text for all cameras (be it in center or some edge) would be nice in such events.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Indeed, overlay text for all cameras (be it in center or some edge) would be nice in such events.
It is also right next to the full screen all cam button so it can easily be clicked without noticing.

I am trying to figure out why anyone would want to pause the camera feed though... what is the purpose?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I could see it being useful if you remoted in to a system and it lagged too much while the video feeds were active.
Spot on.
Help file - "Pause live video. This may come in handy when using remote desktop where the
constant drawing of video consumes all available bandwidth."

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could see it being useful if you remoted in to a system and it lagged too much while the video feeds were active.
Thank you. If that is the case I feel it is not used as much as the full screen all video feeds. It should be in a different place or have the icon overlay to avoid this.

I need to study the help file better as I missed that blurb.